News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The introduction of a small park on the north side is great for enhancing the visual appeal of the area: the view from the Gladstone looking west is currently a sea of bland, and Dufferin from the school to the bridge is treeless.

I agree about the girders that will support the bridges if an LRT goes north on Dufferin St.

To make that worthwhile given how narrow the street is it would be better if the whole LRT is underground like the Eglinton one, and then connect up with the Eglinton Line itself and they can both share Eglinton West Station.

Above ground it certainly wouldn't have a ROW, and sure they could carry more passengers but then again we may as well have articulated busses.

oct 4

IMG_oct-04-09-0001.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0002.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0003.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0004.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0005.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0006.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0007.jpg

IMG_oct-04-09-0008.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures Drum! I live in the King/Dufferin area and I ventured up into the jog to see what was going on. Not much more progress from the photos you took but maybe that's because the weather's been a drag recently.

Oct 25

I see now why concrete post were place at the south end now. They are to shore up the roof until rest of the underpass is built and concrete to strengthen.

GO will not be running trains over the new underpass until Dec at the earliest. CN has yet to start grading on the south side to relocate or put in the track work while the other 3 bridges are out of services.

The rebar for the roof is almost done and should/could be done this week.

Still got to do the back filling yet.

IMG_oct-25-09-0441.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0442.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0443.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0449.jpg

holy rebar!

Again, nice pics! I haven't been up there in a while (was sick) and rather wanted to see what was going on. Thanks.

Will they be placing (-temporary?-) posts under the bridge on the north side of Queen St? Would add some extra support for the bridge IMO

Again, nice pics! I haven't been up there in a while (was sick) and rather wanted to see what was going on. Thanks.

Will they be placing (-temporary?-) posts under the bridge on the north side of Queen St? Would add some extra support for the bridge IMO

There are supports going up on both sides of Queen to hold the 3 west side bridges that will not be use once the the rail are shifted over to the green bridges.

This will allow the existing north wall to be remove so rest of the underpass can be built as well building of a new retaining beam to support the existing bridges and tracks.

The support will take the weight off the existing supports.

Ive been so excited to see this progress that I forgot to ask the most important question: When will the new tunnel be open?

Is there an estimated month of completion?

I believe it is headed for a June 2010 completion, from what I last heard.

Also, thanks for the feedback, drum!

St. Clair - I can't find a sensible way to close this gap. O'Connor is too far south, Overlea too far north, you'd have too bulldoze a really nice stretch of Moore Park, and the Bridge(s) across the valley would be in the Billions.

O'Conner is an obvious St. Clair segment as it's a long east-west street that's already basically a natural westerly extension of the eastern section and actually would be if the St. Clair/O'Conner intersection were aligned differently.

As an "alternate history" scenario, I've long thought of a St. Clair that was built as a continuous street from Oakville/Mississauga to Scarborough by the Don Valley bridge/O'Conner link mentioned above as well as extending west of Scarlett Rd. to join Rathburn (as Eglinton was connected to Richview), and then diverging off the Rathburn alignment west of the 427 to link up with Burnhamthorpe at the Etobicoke Creek (approximately as Richview/Eglinton was linked with Lower Base Line).

I passed by today and went to have a look:

Significant progress has been made since Drum last posted some pics. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me. From what I can tell, they'll be ready soon to break the wall separating Queen street from the new tunnel built just north of it.

I can't wait to be able to be standing on Queen St. and see all the way up Dufferin :)

I passed by today and went to have a look:

Significant progress has been made since Drum last posted some pics. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me. From what I can tell, they'll be ready soon to break the wall separating Queen street from the new tunnel built just north of it.

I can't wait to be able to be standing on Queen St. and see all the way up Dufferin :)

Was by there on Sat and they are going to do some reinforcing of the wall at the top under the green bridges.

They are pouring the wing walls and the roof slab looks like it has been pour.

Still got to do the back filling yet on both sides.

I would say off hand, it will be about Feb before you see a hole in the wall.

Looks like it going to be Jan/Feb before GO trains are taken off the west 3 bridges and move over to the green bridges and the new underpass.

IMG_nov-14-09-0002.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0008.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0010.jpg

nov 21 weekend

they have signs posted that queen st will be closed on the weekend of nov21-23. are they moving the bridges again as they did last time they closed queen?

When they're almost done this, will they give all the bridges a paint job? That grafitti looks bad.

Back