News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How are they going to fit 8 tracks in on top of this underpass in addition to the bike path? Something tells me they didn't have the design goals of the Georgetown EA in mind because it seems like only 7 will be possible on this structure they just built.

What's going to happen with Gladstone ave after the jog is removed? I hope they remove the traffic light there and possibly restore Gladstone to a 1-way all the way from Dundas to Queen, although Gladstone is a fairly wide street maybe they can slim it down again and redevelop the area on the northwest corner with the new larger land from the street slimdown. If they keep the light at Gladstone & Queen I dont see how it will help congestion on Queen St. Maybe also re-space the street car stops.

What's going to happen with Gladstone ave after the jog is removed? I hope they remove the traffic light there and possibly restore Gladstone to a 1-way all the way from Dundas to Queen

From my understanding that jog will be a yield from Dufferin street south and northbound connecting to the new Sudbury street extension which will be directly south of Gladestone/Queen street.

From my understanding that jog will be a yield from Dufferin street south and northbound connecting to the new Sudbury street extension which will be directly south of Gladestone/Queen street.

I suspect youre right after looking at google maps. Its unfortunate that there will still be two lights so close together on Queen. I still see this being a bottleneck area of Queen after the tunnel Is complete. I also suspect that Sudbury St. will see more traffic once the road is extended. I wonder if theyll keep the current parking layout and speed bumps on the street.

I'm sure this must have been asked, but are there any plans to paint the bridges once complete? I really like the look of the re-finished bridges further up the line, as part of the railpath. I think finishing these bridges with a fresh coat of paint, even completely covering them in local art, would be a nice touch.

I'm sure this must have been asked, but are there any plans to paint the bridges once complete? I really like the look of the re-finished bridges further up the line, as part of the railpath. I think finishing these bridges with a fresh coat of paint, even completely covering them in local art, would be a nice touch.

The beauty of local art is that it is free. Put up the bridge and there will be lots of "local artists" expressing themselves with spray cans ;)

Unfortunately those local artists are usually not that creative and their art is simply their signature or, if they are slightly more creative, their signature is bubble letters.

Most often they're not artists, they're losers wasting money. The West Toronto Railpath has shown us what a difference painted railway bridges can make in terms of aesthetics.

Nah, I like the graphitti coated bridge and I live a 5 min walk from there. Its part of Parkdale's scenary. And lets face it, if you paint over it, it just makes graphitti artists want to paint over it again even more.

They are not "artists", but juvenile, narcissistic, useless criminal vandals and should be treated accordingly. If you lack the maturity and intelligence to distinguish between the two that's your problem, but don't muddy the waters by pretending otherwise.

Back