News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

A restriction here on right turns on red has little to do with sidewalk width. Cars turning from south on Dufferin to west on Queen will be out of the underpass, while approaching westbound traffic will still be underneath. Its difficult to see a dark car in a dark underpass when you are in the bright sun. The typical cursory glance many drivers take before proceeding isn't safe at this intersection.

They're using the old-fashioned "acorn" streetlamps instead of those weird St Clair style pod things you usually see on new installations? I like.

30 September 2010:

dsc00787cb.jpg

That square pisses me off--it should be condos with retail! Just gonna attract bums imo...:(

dsc00763b.jpg

it looks like they sandblasted the stone. it looks white.

That square pisses me off--it should be condos with retail! Just gonna attract bums imo...:(

It would have to set a record for the smallest condo ever to fit in that square.. Every floor would have to be only 1 unit to fit there lol

^ At 7000 sqft per floor that would be a pretty luxurious building.

Theres no way that area there is any where close 7000 square feet. Unless we're talking about different sides of dufferin. I'm talking about the side with the wheel chair ramp looking structure. You couldnt fit 1 medium sized suburban homes lot on that area. That area is maybe 1600 ft² tops being generous (of useable structure space) . There is also a law about keeping a building a certain number of feet away from the train tracks. Which with a triangle alignment that the lot there has drastically cuts down on a structures useable space. Not to mention the terrain there is terrible with a 45 degree hill going up the back end. Sure you could put maybe a 5 or 6 unit apartment there but it damn sure doesnt have the space for a condo with retail. Maybe they will incorporate it into the railpath, but I somehow doubt that because the railpath is on the other side of the tracks.

Last edited:
It looks to be a triangle with about 100ft frontage and 130 ft depth at the deepest point allowing for the same clearance from the tracks as the other buildings in the area. That is 6500 sqft. You could fit 8 units per floor easily. Throw in the old building next to it and you could easily fit two point towers on the site. It just looks small with nothing on it.

It looks to be a triangle with about 100ft frontage and 130 ft depth at the deepest point allowing for the same clearance from the tracks as the other buildings in the area. That is 6500 sqft. You could fit 8 units per floor easily. Throw in the old building next to it and you could easily fit two point towers on the site. It just looks small with nothing on it.

You would definately have to get rid of that other building to the left too make any use of that space other then what it is now.

Why not just take the show across the street and demo that derelict strip mall.

If youre referring to the strip mall at the southwest corner of queen and dufferin it is hardly derelict. Every unit is in use by a business there. I have a feeling we're not talking about the same spot though. Could you be more specific?

Removing all green space, and retail plazas from a neighborhood for another condo sure is popular around these parts.

Personally, I think the little square/green space looks very nice, and definitely makes the neighborhood more presentable.

Whats up with this project, the area for future streetcar tracks still has to be resurfaced while everything else in the underpass looks ready to go. Its pathetic of how long a city funded project takes to complete in this town.:confused::rolleyes:

Back