News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What is the rush to open something that has never existed and was put off for years. The delays are costing the contractor to have people on site.

Your crazy..and obviously dont live in that neighbourhood that is so congested with all kinds of traffic...For example a lot of these events spill out, Chin, CNE, Caribana, Indy, Exibition Place, Ontario Place, Ricoh, BMO, Muzik, Liberty Grand, Medivel Times, the Covention centre, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, and 100s of other yearly events.. plus traffic of close by neighbourhoods of , Liberty Village, Queen West, King West, not to mention when the Gardiner is closed... Im sorry but you are definitely out of touch with these crossroads.

This project has been on the books for decades. It makes no sense to sign a contract at this point and put a rush on it. Nothing has changed for years. The Ex used to have much larger crowds and Exhibition stadium used to draw people year round. All those other things you mention don't last very long and don't draw nearly as much.

It's a welcomed improvement in the functionality of our grid of streets. It shouldn't have taken so long and it's time to come to our senses and open it as soon as possible.

I was under the impression that contract penalties in construction conctracts were unenforeable? Anyone know for sure?

They are certainly very hard to enforce as there are almost always change orders issued to deal with things that only become apparent when the work starts. Once the project changes it's a (good) reason that the time-lines will change too.

Your crazy..and obviously dont live in that neighbourhood that is so congested with all kinds of traffic...For example a lot of these events spill out, Chin, CNE, Caribana, Indy, Exibition Place, Ontario Place, Ricoh, BMO, Muzik, Liberty Grand, Medivel Times, the Covention centre, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, and 100s of other yearly events.. plus traffic of close by neighbourhoods of , Liberty Village, Queen West, King West, not to mention when the Gardiner is closed... Im sorry but you are definitely out of touch with these crossroads.

And almost none of those are involved with the next few weeks, which is the concern seeing as its almost done.

Bang the drums....Rub..ddda,dda......Blow the horns DAAA--A.....DDDa,,,,, With great fanfare I would like to announce the open day....DDDA..........Thursday, November 18.Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....Da.

When the underpass opens, Dufferin Construction stills has a fair amount of work to do that most of it will be spring/summer 2011 when sandblasting starts, amoung other things.

All the lights were on for both section and very bright.

Photo's will follow on Sunday.

drum, what are they sand blasting? the old metal bridges?

Click for full size photos taken Nov 13.

Queen Street Westbound lane at the intersection as well the full intersection at Peel Street have been repaved also along with the underpass.

The retainning wall for sure and assuming the bridges. If the bridges undersides are to be done, it will mean TTC will not be able to run streetcar service for a week or 2.

thanks for the update drum!

Thanks drum..on that 3rd pic it shows that they could use better and more lighting under that old Queen st. underpass bridge...just a thought.

Thanks drum..on that 3rd pic it shows that they could use better and more lighting under that old Queen st. underpass bridge...just a thought.

They will still be working on new track additions, so maybe afterwards.

Also, all lights accumulate dust, dirt, and dead insects over time, just clean out your own ceiling lights and see what a difference in illumination will happen.

Remember that Metrolinx will be starting construction on the bridge soon for the airport link. Supposed to wrap up in April 2011.

I drove south on Dufferin St on Sun and noticed the stretch of Dufferin just prior to the underpass (I am gong by memory here) has what seems quite a steep drop on the street. Since I had to turn left I am not sure whether it looks steep due to the distance. I can only imagaine the cars coming north once the underpass is opened plus cars gong south when it's snowing and icy. Is that part of Dufferin really steep?

Back