News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but Duke's Cycle moved into the location this past Thursday. Haven't had a chance to visit the bike shop yet, but it did look pretty nice in passing on Friday.

Pretty sure that's pre-cast concrete.

Well I was on the north side of Queen, so I couldn't get a good look at the stone from up close; the "whiteness" of the stone/concrete makes it look like Indiana Limestone.

Soil testers were on site next door today. Maybe we're looking at something substantial with a deep foundation. Does any one know how deep they have to go to justify soil testing.

dukesn16.jpg

Last edited:
It show up on Wed, as it wasn't there Tuesday when I walked by the site.

I see the far east building has a tenant and that has taken forever.

It will be interesting to see what gets built there and hope it is one that fills that hole.

It's too bad that this had to be re-designed with such little grace. I like the idea of this rebuilt Dukes but the whole 'history in a cereal box' (e.g. misplaced pilasters) thing really irks me.

Agreed, this is a case of 'oh hey, these look kinda old-timey' rather than a) creating a faithful replica, or b) doing something truly unique and modern. Sadly they took the easy way out. Hell, even red brick to match the vernacular here would've helped a bit. This looks like infill you'd find in Brampton.

Back