News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's not referring to traffic routing

Primary and Secondary streets, as identified on Schedule N2, shall provide for pedestrian-oriented streetscapes through the use of wide sidewalks, landscaping, tree plantings and street furniture. Places for gathering and public art installations shall be encouraged.

Why does it show old Bronte as the primary road.... that makes no sense.
Have you driven both streets to understand what is taking place and why???

What is the speed limit on both streets??

A map doesn't tell the full story as to what there and what been plan for the area. You need to see it first hand.

I drove down The new Bronte Rd today and will go with this plan thank you.

Yes ive lived in North Burlington all my life and grand parents lived down Bronte. I would go along Dundas and down Bronte multiple times a month I have seen the construction of the new street....

I was just confused as to the reasoning behind the primary.

New Bronte is wider and moves more cars thats why I thought it would be the primary. I didn't realize it wasn't referring to traffic routing.

Dundas BRT Initial Business Case (IBC) posted here. Direct link to report here.

3 different service concepts were analyzed, as posted below.

AC910551-6900-4DD7-9E89-DB5F9FCDAEDD.jpeg
A3C211AE-4F10-46BB-9965-46436968642C.jpeg
E0629ED0-523B-41E9-9967-4AA7D025A8FB.jpeg

Concept 3 I support. One bus for the whole segment is essential, even if not everyone rides it.

The others supplement service in key areas along the way, but are targeted for those who could use less transfers to destinations away from Dundas (especially en masse). Service can be adjusted with less negative impact, branches added over time if demand patterns change or service can be enhanced best with this concept I believe.

A precursor to the Dundas BRT, the recent rehabilitation of Erin Mills Parkway added bus queue jump lanes in all directions at Dundas:
Now if only they'd add a bus-only left turn phase westbound, so the 110 doesn't have to backtrack up the Collegeway!

What a silly project. Just electrify the Go line from Kipling, add a station at Cawthra, and you instantly have a three-station surface subway to Hurontario LRT, as long as there's GTA fare integration, so that it's not expensive to use. Easy. Busways are lame. No one uses the Miway busway that runs parallel to the 403. Better than nothing, but not much better and only a stop-gap before an extension of Line 2 to Square One. I'm still not sure why Mississauga City Council is so intent on ignoring the city's natural connection to Toronto. I guess they want independence, but in practice it just means Mississauga transit users pay more fares for the privilege of living in a different city. Why does that add value? Having different GTA transit systems is a barrier to a cheaper, seamless distance-based GTHA transit system.

What a silly project. Just electrify the Go line from Kipling, add a station at Cawthra, and you instantly have a three-station surface subway to Hurontario LRT, as long as there's GTA fare integration, so that it's not expensive to use. Easy. Busways are lame. No one uses the Miway busway that runs parallel to the 403. Better than nothing, but not much better and only a stop-gap before an extension of Line 2 to Square One. I'm still not sure why Mississauga City Council is so intent on ignoring the city's natural connection to Toronto. I guess they want independence, but in practice it just means Mississauga transit users pay more fares for the privilege of living in a different city. Why does that add value? Having different GTA transit systems is a barrier to a cheaper, seamless distance-based GTHA transit system.
The BRT is relatively cheap, and serves a lot of destinations on the Dundas corridor. I agree that Milton line should be upgraded, but it isn't going to be cheap. We'll need to convince CP to allow it, and add additional track and potential flyover/under. Probably in the billions to get to Milton. Still very good value for money, especially compared to the looney idea of extending Line 2 to MCC.

"Nobody" uses the 403 busway because there isn't much around it, nor was there much established ridership. We know this isn't the case for Dundas.

Line 2 extension to Square One is a tremendous waste of money for a slow ride (especially relative to GO).

AoD

Line 2 extension to Square One is a tremendous waste of money for a slow ride (especially relative to GO).
Thus the reason why it will probably get pushed a lot harder than an expansion in service on the Milton Line, because thats what we do in Ontario. Proceed with projects in ways that make no financial sense whatsoever.

Back