News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

either keep the existing structure intact, or demolish it completely. there is no point rebuilding the facade and removing the finer details.
who builds a 9 storey tower in Toronto these days? i'd prefer something double the height, but half as wide. (I doubt the residents of 1 St Thomas would let them get away with that).
i'm still sad to see this block go.

Good lord. This looks like something our friend, the 1980's, threw up behind a vase at a house party but was only discovered now. It looks like some of the pathetic historical "tributes" in Cabbagetown...or Mississauga. The height of this office tower, given its location, is also ridiculous.

yecch

The existing low rise buildings look like a high-quality, well maintained (at least from the exterior) example of Victorian architecture. Not all that common in Toronto anymore. The developer's concept drawing looks like kitsch straight from the 80's. The City should reject the proposal and maybe the UT/Spacing/Torontoist community can get involved. There are more than enough surface parking lots in the core for new office space. We shouldn't destroy excellent buildings for this crud.

This proposal looks retarded. A design like this doesn't warrant a mature comment.

I'm a fan of tower developments, but just to a certain extent. As pman said, it looks like a really nice Victorian building and while we IMO still have enough Victorian houses in Toronto, this one seems very solid to me. Either leave it be or remove it completely, as rro pointed out.

For the rendering:
The brick sidewalk is terrible, It sort of makes me dizzy, in the wrong kind of way. I would definitely keep the trees and maybe add some more, instead of the seating. In this context, the tower doesn't go very well with the remainder of the original structure. I would rather see a complete glass tower, maybe wrapping the original Victorian facade into glass...

BAD BAD BAD developer!
I want to rub their face in this rendering before any real damage is done.
Foolish to plan on destroying those original buildings in the first place, but then to disgrace them by "designing" that 80's pile of bricks.
This project needs to be put down permanently.

why anyone would even think of screwing with this heritage gem blows my mind. This world has gone money crazy... humanity doesnt stand a chance.

They're not even preserving the facade! They're butchering the perfectly fine victorians for a shameful 9 story, uninspiring structure. This is no different than the shit they did in the 60's with Old Toronto for the likes of parking lots. ****ing shameless.

Back