News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Maybe the reason the houses have been stripped of their detailing for this project is because it is too difficult/time consuming to recreate them in sketch-up... easier to, ya know, just get rid of all that old crap.

Maybe the reason the houses have been stripped of their detailing for this project is because it is too difficult/time consuming to recreate them in sketch-up... easier to, ya know, just get rid of all that old crap.

I was just about to say that. Maybe that's just a lazy job on the rendering. If the facades are going to be maintained in their entirety, then I'd take facadism over demolition. We should preserve Victorian streetscapes whenever possible. There's still plenty of room in Toronto for architects to indulge their fetish for stark glass-meets-pavement streetscapes.

Also, I think a 9 storey tower is fine in this location. To insist that every inch of downtown needs to be 30+ would be an incredible burden on the real estate market, not to mention our vitamin D levels.

Keep them in tact. The varying architecture along Charles makes it a very interesting street that works well. Although I generally think that especially at Yonge and Bloor to keep ALL low rises would be standing in the way of growth, these ones have a place since they are the last ones.

Looking at this drek rendering is unbearable, it's horrific. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
We've lost well over a dozen Victorians along Charles Street (even though this isn't Charles Street) between Jarvis & Avenue Road in the past four or five years. If memory serves only two remain along that stretch now. When does this madness stop?

Back