News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

thanks marcus. would it not be more messy with multiple developers ("too many cooks in the kitchen")? just a thought.

i guess we'll never know the answer to how the ebf will turn out until thing start going...

Each developer will have to follow an established framework already laid out by WaterfronToronto, but will add their own unique spices to their dishes. WT is looking at the bids already made for Bayside and will choose the team that best wets their appetites while still following the preset menu. Bayside itself is a fairly large parcel as it is at 13 acres. I personally think it should have been further divided into 2 parcels because as it is the winning team will still be developing a large chunk of EBF.

Initially there will be the Cherry Street extension of the King streetcar going to just north of the rail berm - this is supposed to be done in 2011/12. Next is a QQ east line going from Bay to just west of Parliament, supposed to be done in 2012. When the decision is made about the Gardiner take-down and the Mouth of the Don stuff the plan is to straighten Cherry Street south of the berm and at that point fill-in the gap between the "Cherry Car" and the "QQ East car". Eventually the streetcars will go into Portlands but not for quite a while.

thank you DSC for answering my question.

I'm a little confused with the developments in this area. Are they working on JUST the beach? (and no condo development?) What happened to the 36-storey Parkside condo designed by Moshe Safdie that was suppose to go in?

I'm a little confused with the developments in this area. Are they working on JUST the beach? (and no condo development?) What happened to the 36-storey Parkside condo designed by Moshe Safdie that was suppose to go in?

"Patience young grasshopper"... :)
The Parkside condo has indeed been announced but designs are still being finalized and sales haven't even started yet.

I spoke to one of the RiverCity sales rep and she told me it would be another 10-15 years before the East Bayfront sees any condo development..however, i don't think she was a reliable source...

I spoke to one of the RiverCity sales rep and she told me it would be another 10-15 years before the East Bayfront sees any condo development..however, i don't think she was a reliable source...

Yes, salespeople are not terribly reliable about their own projects and clearly have a bias in telling people that other (rival) projects will never see the light of day. Caveat emptor!

I pay very little attention to what sales reps say, but what they say tends to usually be on the optimistic side. That there wouldn't be any development for 10-15 years would make for a dull neighbourhood and probably detract from growth of property values because it would make the area seem incomplete and stagnant.

But perhaps the sales rep didn't think it through and thought that no other development would sound good to potential buyers.

Did anybody go to the design review panel today? (or was it not public?)

Apparently there were presentations on parkside and bayside in EBF, the storm water facility in WDL, York Quay phase 2, and TCHC block 21+23 in WDL.

Waterfrontoronto tweeted that the panel was enormously in support of the design of these projects. Thats a very good sign considering how high quality all the current and completed projets are.

Hopefully they upload some documents soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... the new siteplan for Bayside has a street between the southernmost buildings and the waterfront promenade/boardwalk. :( I would have preferred buildings right to the water's edge, but alas...

EDIT: Nevermind... I see what they're going for. Could be quite nice if done right :)

I am really excited for this development. I don't mind the southern roadway as it is not a through street, and if constructed as a woonerf as indicated the impacts of cars in this area will be minimal.

Just checked, it's fine!

http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/

Relax a little :)

This is going ahead, no one can stop it - at least the first part of the East Bayfront / anything anything related to the pan amp games. Things can can be delayed, even in these projects are the office component of east bayfront as there's a point stating they can delay building that if there is no lrt.

The rest of the plan ... who knows ... it's such a long ways out I don't think one administration will have much of an effect.

One thing I'm not clear on is what will happen to transit in this area, given the Ford dictat that there be no surface streetcars. This whole area was originally planned with significant streetcar/LRT support, and it is hard to imagine the neighbourhoods working with just bus service.

Back