8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

northstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm currently looking to purchase a brand new condo in the East End (Corktown or Leslieville).
I like these areas, and I like what's been happening there recently, so I think I'd like to move there.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on buildings by either Lamb Development Corp. or Streetcar Developments?
Worklofts by Lamb Developments appeared to have a lot of nice finishes, but what is its reputation for quality in construction?
Poor sound barriers and cracks in the walls of 2 year old buildings can be unpleasant surprises.

I've heard people say that Tridel has a good reputation for quality.
I'm concerned that I might be taking a risk with newer developers like Streetcar or Lamb.
I googled developer names along with the word "reputation", but my search results returned me to marketing websites run by the developers themselves.

Any advice or recommendations on builders/developers with developments currently being marketed would be sincerely appreciated.

I'm currently looking to purchase a brand new condo in the East End (Corktown or Leslieville).
I like these areas, and I like what's been happening there recently, so I think I'd like to move there.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on buildings by either Lamb Development Corp. or Streetcar Developments?
Worklofts by Lamb Developments appeared to have a lot of nice finishes, but what is its reputation for quality in construction?
Poor sound barriers and cracks in the walls of 2 year old buildings can be unpleasant surprises.

I've heard people say that Tridel has a good reputation for quality.
I'm concerned that I might be taking a risk with newer developers like Streetcar or Lamb.
I googled developer names along with the word "reputation", but my search results returned me to marketing websites run by the developers themselves.

Any advice or recommendations on builders/developers with developments currently being marketed would be sincerely appreciated.

There are a lot of developments in Leslieville and Corktown, underdevelopment, underconstruction and complete (I know some "complete" buildings in the area that the developer is still selling surplus units.. msg me directly if you want their names). Check out Leslieville and Riverdale.

With regards to builder reputation, you can always check out Tarion . Type in the name of the developer, and it will tell you the "Chargeable Conciliations", "Homes with Claims" and "Dollars Paid In Claims" (go through the advanced search, as my experience shows that their homepage search does not return any results). It will also list all the corporate names that the builder has built under, thus you can check out their previous buildings (if any). But, as you are doing, personal referrals are the best!

Good luck!

M.

Last edited:

Back