News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yonge and Queen would certainly be an attractive location.

Definitely more than a pure transit hub such as Union station.

I work in the Eaton Center mall, and what I love most about my work is the location. So many different restaurants, both expensive and cheap ones, and stores to go to. During lunch time, we can do some window shopping in the mall, or Bestbuy/futureshop, take a look at what's happening at Dundas Square (they give out free food/drink frequently). My coworker even joked about watching a movie at the AMC.

I wouldn't trade it for the financial district, where you see nothing above ground, not to mention the so called "south core", which you need to cross the railroad and the Gardiner to get to. Imagine doing that on a daily basis.

not to mention the so called "south core", which you need to cross the railroad and the Gardiner to get to. Imagine doing that on a daily basis.

Oh my... I can't even imagine that, having to walk through an underpass everyday... what a terrifying thought!
:rolleyes:

kkgg:

Oops, my mistake. :p

re: southcore

Don't forget when the Union Station concourse is said and done in 2015/16, you're basically walking through a mall instead of an underpass. It isn't that depressing.

AoD

Last edited:
The only nearby hospital is St. Mike's, and they just opened a new research building. Plus they've also been talking about building up the corner of Queen/Victoria

St. Mike's also leases the building across the street, next to Massey Tower and above the Homesense store.
I have a friend who works there. The building is very depressing inside and definitely needs a redo.

I'm not sure if I would be in favour of this thing proceeding at the suggested location of the south end of the parkade... certainly would kill any south-west facing views for Massey Tower (and in turn, block views of Massey from NPS). I guess I'll stay tuned until something more concrete is proposed.

Yes indeed, its just still a rumour:)

OFFICE TOWER
Proj: 9152136-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON

CONTEMPLATED
Eaton Centre IV, 220 Yonge St, M5B 2H1
$191,000,000 est

Note:..This project is very preliminary. There are no schedules for design, tender or construction. Further update summer 2013.
Owner will not accept unsolicited phone calls.

Project:..proposed construction of an office tower.

Scope:1,000,000 square feet
Development:New
Category:Commercial offices
From DCN.....http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...c75bde5ce51c&projectid=9152136&region=ontario

Back