What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Yeah, ok....but how does that concept pencil out...probably not as good as what's being built.
Exactly. If I am being honest, the only thing better than this, for the area, in my opinion, would have been something taller, with townhouses in the podium and maybe a CRU or two. Anything that had added 3+ bedroom units would've been lovely, considering the lacking of similar stuff in the area. Having only townhomes or anything less dense than what they're building would've been a colossal missed opportunity here.

Oliver is not the place where I believe we'd like to see low density developments, right now. Just does not make ANY sense. You see everything that is being proposed, and how the area is developing, and besides being likely not very economical, it just does not fit in with the direction the neighbourhood is taking.

@IanO for crying out loud, Oliver is, by all means and purposes, part of our Downtown... proposing townhomes here seems completely off.

'@IanO for crying out loud, Oliver is, by all means and purposes, part of our Downtown... proposing townhomes here seems completely off.'

Hardly, sadly and recently back from AMS-Prague-Berlin, it reminded me we need far more vertical and horizontal density in areas that have even a slight chance to attract families. This simply won't happen without townhouses, courtyards facing south and more housing options.

Interesting choice of fabricated wood beams.
4BDEA64D-8224-4F25-8341-71B7F77006A5.jpeg

Just on a side note not relating to this project, does anyone know what is happening at Calgary Tr and 51ave area as there is a crane up and running?

^ I believe it's this one. Its been posted in miscellaneous. I'm not sure if it has its own thread 🤷

Back