News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

President Dr. Trimbee reappointed as President/Vice Chancellor at MacU for another term... https://www.macewan.ca/campus-life/news/2024/07/announcement-trimbee-reappointment-24/?utm_campaign=OCM 20240710 MacEwan University News&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua
important quotes:
- milestones during her first term included securing the $125 million provincial investment in the new School of Business building
- spearheading strategic investments that position MacEwan to grow to 30,000 students by 2030.
- Trendsetters and Trendbreakers – leading innovation at MacEwan and in our community
- School of Business Building is set to welcome students, faculty, and staff in 2027 an additional 7,500 students
-
positioning MacEwan as a key partner in downtown vibrancy discussions, focusing on accessible housing and collaborative partnerships to enhance community development.
- playing a meaningful role in Edmonton’s downtown renewal and Alberta’s economic revival and leveraging MacEwan’s relationships to find unique partnerships to develop accessible housing
- we’re an example of what is possible as a relevant, modern, urban and strategic university.

Last edited:
There is nothing in their Capital Plan for residential. All money and future expenditures are for Classroom, Library and Administration spaces expansion. Other than the school of business nothing big. Lots of Maintenance upgrades though.

I suspect they are looking at the market place to help with Residential. Or if a developer came in with a specific proposal for the residence.

I've long hoped for strategic federal action to fund major student residences directly adjacent to campuses all across Canada.

I would also pitch doing this in the form of a crown corporation so that the rental profits don't need to be optimized (meaning affordable monthly rates at leases by semester).

There is nothing in their Capital Plan for residential. All money and future expenditures are for Classroom, Library and Administration spaces expansion. Other than the school of business nothing big. Lots of Maintenance upgrades though.

I suspect they are looking at the market place to help with Residential. Or if a developer came in with a specific proposal for the residence.

I think the University president even went as far as to say that moving forward they have a preference that students aren't in 'student' residences, but they are a part of the surrounding community living in buildings and neighbourhoods with a mix of non student populations.

Dr. Trimbee appears to have an agile mind and that is why the board and the general public and the student population all like her. She is widely open to new ideas so I wouldn't put any fences around her ambitions for MacU going forward. I could see her being open to a developer wanting to cooperate in a joint concept that has a housing component combined with a Faculty expansion or even a new and different Faculty altogether.

Back