What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The more futuristic drawings. I remember seeing a model of the original vision. looked more like a crystal than an air ecoligiser.

1649261879843.png

Beautiful concept drawings, however I can see why at the time it had to be brought down a little bit haha.

The more futuristic drawings. I remember seeing a model of the original vision. looked more like a crystal than an air ecoligiser.
I always loved the architectural style of the Science Centre. As a child, it always reminded me of the Space Shuttle (I was and am a huge space geek). It was just so bright and different that it made your eyes widen when coming towards it on your field trips.

Arguably, it's still Edmonton's coolest building to me.

Edit: @Platinum107 that looks like some sort of nightmarish dream sequence building. I'm glad they laid off the cocaine during the design process and made things a bit less jarring.

That's the one. I know we didn't have the tech or will power to do it then. But this would have been a spectacular building. and beside a Hemingway building even better. And now add the new Velodrome. that park will look great.

Edit: @Platinum107 that looks like some sort of nightmarish dream sequence building. I'm glad they laid off the cocaine during the design process and made things a bit less jarring.

Hey, it looks like a living alien spaceship and I like that about it!

Clareview Rec Centre morphed down somewhat. Yikes is understated, and I'm tired of seeing cheap knockoff versions of Dubb's city hall all over the place.

Back