I have 320ish homes/units are set to start construction within a year.
This is a substantial number. With these, Blatchford will definitely make strides towards becoming a more vibrant place.
I am still really hoping that these help bring in at least a couple of CRUs soon, however

This is a substantial number. With these, Blatchford will definitely make strides towards becoming a more vibrant place.
I am still really hoping that these help bring in at least a couple of CRUs soon, however

Yeah. Other half and I are in the process of moving in, and it's nice that there's some degree of local service that's moved into the Airport Road buildings and at the very least we're going to have a corner store and a brewery, but I suspect we're going to be doing a lot of biking out of there to adjacent neighbourhoods. Ah well. It'll get there.

Yeah. Other half and I are in the process of moving in, and it's nice that there's some degree of local service that's moved into the Airport Road buildings and at the very least we're going to have a corner store and a brewery, but I suspect we're going to be doing a lot of biking out of there to adjacent neighbourhoods. Ah well. It'll get there.

Bike network announced today. This will be main bike route from Blatchford to get dt.

113 Street from 105 Avenue to Kingsway Avenue

Kingsway Avenue from 113 Street to 122 Street

Is there a link for the bike lane announcement? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Link was shared above but here is pic of new proposed route.

Screenshot_20240531_085412_Word.jpg

I have 320ish homes/units are set to start construction within a year.
This is similar to a number given by CBC on the This is Edmonton podcast this week. It is also similar to what administration was hinting at recently. It seems like an ambitious number, but I'm here for it.

I tried to make sense of which roads they are currently paving. By paving I meant the curbs are mostly up and they’re still working on the base layer. 119 could be the first intersection built out into NAIT based on construction activity on both sides of the track but it’s still largely dirt at the moment.

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6113.jpeg

The bike path is lovely. I’m only the 10th person to have recorded a ride on it on Strava. There’s an MUP on the north end read to link east to 107 St but barracades are up to discourage use. Overall great dedicated cycle corridor, other than the need to push beg buttons at 119, 120, and 121 Ave and wait almost 30 seconds for a green light.

IMG_6116.jpeg

Link was shared above but here is pic of new proposed route.

View attachment 568294
Pulling things out a bit, it looks like some interesting infrastructure is going in at the same time (all in green is proposed for 2025).

In particular, it's interesting that they're linking up what looks like Blatchford's eventual NE entrance to the 119th Ave Bike corridor.
Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.18.04 AM.png

I tried to make sense of which roads they are currently paving. By paving I meant the curbs are mostly up and they’re still working on the base layer. 119 could be the first intersection built out into NAIT based on construction activity on both sides of the track but it’s still largely dirt at the moment.

View attachment 568655

View attachment 568656

The bike path is lovely. I’m only the 10th person to have recorded a ride on it on Strava. There’s an MUP on the north end read to link east to 107 St but barracades are up to discourage use. Overall great dedicated cycle corridor, other than the need to push beg buttons at 119, 120, and 121 Ave and wait almost 30 seconds for a green light.

View attachment 568657
Yes, my understanding is that 119 ave will be connected through to NAIT this summer for driving, but there will also be a shared used path connecting through at 118 ave for biking and walking. This should be a great connection for Blatchford, Westwood and Alberta Avenue residents but will discourage vehicle traffic from cutting through, which is great!

Back