News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Reference ID: Job No 380258396-002
Description: To change the use from a General Industrial use to a Brewery (hard cider brewing with tasting room and sales)
Plan 6097AH Blk 27
Applicant: BROKEN SPOKE CIDER COMPANY
Create Date: 12/7/2020 9:54:45 AM
Neighbourhood: ALBERTA PARK INDUSTRIAL

I’m not sure that this photo belongs here, but the former two sergeants brewing is now something else. “Islands Best Kitchen”

oops, I just googled it. https://m.facebook.com/islandsbestkitchen/
Jamaican/Haitian! Not sure if it’s still gonna brew. Lease said it came with all fixtures so maybe?

106F0850-3C3F-4465-9EFA-913054BD0C45.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not sure that this photo belongs here, but the former two sergeants brewing is know something else. “Islands Best Kitchen”

oops, I just googled it. https://m.facebook.com/islandsbestkitchen/
Jamaican/Haitian! Not sure if it’s still gonna brew. Lease said it came with all fixtures so maybe?

View attachment 292638
Uh-uh Haitian is good! never had Jamaican food, can`t wait to try it! Just want to wait until this whole pandemic ordeal is over, as I find that these ethnic restaurants are much better appreciated on site, to enjoy the ambience!
If I happen to go there anytime soon,I'll let you know if they`re still brewing

Nice to see Campio full up on a Sunday afternoon. Discounted beer and delicious pizza = :)
View attachment 327885
Ay, me and a couple buds were biking through that area at around the same time, hanging around Decoteau Park. We may have crossed paths and not even knew it haha

Always looking for a new destination pub to finish a bike ride at. Only just found out there is now one in Spruce Grove. Endevour has been our Go to MB but a road trip may be in order.

Did they even brew there? I thought that they'd started in Fort Saskatchewan and kept the brewing there when they opened the location in Oliver. Unfortunate that failed and took the brewery with it, but I went there a couple times and it was pretty clear they had no idea what they were doing when it came to running a restaurant. The location is terrible in terms of exposure/traffic, the room was terrible, the service was terrible. For example, when we had an extremely smokey day a couple summers ago, I got there at about 5:30 to meet some friends who were running late. I opted to order a beer and an appie while I waited. They brought out the appie and said "hey, just so you know, we're closing in 30 minutes. It's too smokey to keep working." The air quality in the restaurant was fine. But it was quiet and whoever was managing didn't feel like sticking around, so they just gave everybody the boot at 6pm on a summer evening.

It had no chance of making it from the very start. Which is unfortunate as they were an excellent brewery.

Back