What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Also the space where Shojo used to be as well as the empty space in the Molson building have restaurants going in as we speak. This means that the brewery district is fully leased with no spaces available. Hopefully we will see the future phases go ahead sooner than later 🤞🏼

Last edited:
How is moving into the Shojo space?

IMG_8374.jpeg

How difficult would it be for First Capital to build mid/highrise apartments on this property? An additional 300-500 people living next to the stores wouldn't exactly hurt retail demand.
I think there's an argument that we may never see a midrise+ residential on the property because they don't want to shade out their retail that's all located on the northern end.

If First Capital were to build any resi nearby, I'd think they'd rdevelop at least a portion of their Longstreet property. With the Red Robins gone, a whole 1/4 of the property is bare land already

I think there's an argument that we may never see a midrise+ residential on the property because they don't want to shade out their retail that's all located on the northern end.

If First Capital were to build any resi nearby, I'd think they'd rdevelop at least a portion of their Longstreet property. With the Red Robins gone, a whole 1/4 of the property is bare land already
The south west corner has alot of space available. Shade wouldn't be an issue in that location either.

Shade is not all bad as long as there are ample of natural lights.

How difficult would it be for First Capital to build mid/highrise apartments on this property? An additional 300-500 people living next to the stores wouldn't exactly hurt retail demand.
GWL investments would have to sell the lot.

They are holding on to it with no plans to sell. but I have heard rumblings of some big investors & big name developers from Vancouver starting to plan trips to Edmonton to look at some potential projects in the very near future. So you never know

Back