News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Tesla to open a dealership here in Edmonton in the old Ericksen Infiniti dealership. I have seen A LOT of Teslas around Edmonton the last year or two and was wondering when this would happen.

Tesla is continuing to rapidly expand its retail presence in Canada as the automaker will soon open a new store in Edmonton, Alberta.

According to two independent sources familiar with the matter, Tesla has purchased the Ericksen Infiniti dealership in West Edmonton. The new store will be the second Tesla location in the province after Calgary, which opened in 2015.

Tesla to open a dealership here in Edmonton in the old Ericksen Infiniti dealership. I have seen A LOT of Teslas around Edmonton the last year or two and was wondering when this would happen.

It will be interesting to see if we start to develop charging infrastructure around the city. This can't be too far behind, can it?

It will be interesting to see if we start to develop charging infrastructure around the city. This can't be too far behind, can it?
Well, here is an excerpt from a currently open RFP from the City of Calgary:

"Supply, delivery, installation and operations and maintenance of electric vehicle charging stations. Charging stations will be located at various city-owned Park and Ride lots and Recreation centre parking lots to increase the capacity of Calgary’s public EV charging. Proposed level 2 EV charging stations may come in in the form of twenty (20) single port charging stations or ten (10) dual port charging stations."

I would bet Edmonton's admin has been chewing on something similar just waiting for stats to justify them otherwise the luddites may revolt once Gunter catches wind.

Well, here is an excerpt from a currently open RFP from the City of Calgary:

"Supply, delivery, installation and operations and maintenance of electric vehicle charging stations. Charging stations will be located at various city-owned Park and Ride lots and Recreation centre parking lots to increase the capacity of Calgary’s public EV charging. Proposed level 2 EV charging stations may come in in the form of twenty (20) single port charging stations or ten (10) dual port charging stations."

I would bet Edmonton's admin has been chewing on something similar just waiting for stats to justify them otherwise the luddites may revolt once Gunter catches wind.
Interesting! I don't know what the economics would look like, but I wonder if there would be the opportunity for a private company to build some stations as well. I haven't looked at financial statements of these types of companies close enough to know if it is even profitable.

Looks like Improbable is expanding into the basement of the Metals building:

Description: To construct interior alterations to an existing assembly building (basement fit up for office D use occupancy) - Improbable.
Permit date: December 14, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Office Buildings (520)
Address: 300, 10190 - 104 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: HA
Value: $300,000.00

Speaking of. If you look at the Tesla Supercharger map the last large piece of the puzzle WAS to open last year but because of you know... the dates are now pushed back to Q4-21.. Vegreville, my olde home town, Lloydminster, North Battleford, Saskatoon are all supposed to come online at the same time later this year although I am still finding difficulties locating specific sites as to where in Eggtown it will be going up. I might just take a cruise around town in the next few weeks for S&G just to see if there's any action going on...

Also want to note that seeing a Tesla dealership at that location is particularly good for an entirely different reason if you closely follow Alberta provincial politics... Think medicare may have dodged a very expensive and idiotic project thanks to the CBC exposing the secretive plans to open a huge privatized orthopaedic hospital on the site that its backers bragged would be "so expensive to medicare it could never be cancelled or closed." Don't believe me, read it for yourself... Show's over folks, nothing to see here...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/private-orthopedic-surgical-alberta-health-1.5678883
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...urgical-facility-in-alberta-history-1.5679074
http://www.friendsofmedicare.org/backroom_deals_political_influence

But then again I shouldn't be posting any of this for fear of labeled "negative or suppressive." or even off topic although it's ENTIRELY relevant to the discussion at hand.. ;-)

That was a great comment until the last line. I understand you put a little ";-)" at the end to let us know not to take it seriously but if you weren't even a little upset about our comments you would've left that line out completely. You've taken our criticisms the wrong way, we value your opinions even if we disagree with them, you just need to be more respectful to other members of this forum. Also when you type stuff like "PASS" or #something you should explain why you feel that way in the same comment box, not just leave it for us to assume something, or clutter up multiple boxes doing so. These are very constructive and friendly forums, and I'm happy to be apart of this community, and judging by your activity I can see you are as well, let's just be more civil.

Curious to see how this all plays out...

Biden to cancel Keystone XL

---

Er-QrHSXcAQeY2a

Curious to see how this all plays out...

Biden to cancel Keystone XL

---

Er-QrHSXcAQeY2a

This is the very first time I see our (not so) esteemed Premier actually come out like someone who really cares about something... I just wonder if what he really cares are the jobs, the votes or the profit of his supporters in the Oil Industry. Really, strikes me as odd that the only times he actually show some energy and will is when he's behaving like the Oil Industry's watch dog.

Keystone is dead and most of what Kenney said in his rant is untrue -- First Nations in the U.S. are not in favor, there are not many union jobs and they are all short term, and unions do not support the project (they do, however, support Biden's call for green energy jobs and for infrastructure upgrade -- much, much larger possibilities in terms of job production). Alberta needs to turn the page and look to the HUGE potential of a hydrogen economy and to focus on tertiary production of natural resources at home instead of shipping raw goods out the door.

Back