What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
More secured now.

20210617_184718.jpg

This might be a dumb question, but once tower construction does start, will the surrounding public area and the businesses in this base be able to stay open? How disruptive would the construction be for the area?

^^ Good question, but I would imagine with proper hoarding and safety measures business would carry on in the plaza. They have 104th Ave to disrupt again for a couple more years, arg, plus the lane on the west to utilize for laydown. They own some land adjacent to the west as well. Just a guess as I really don't know.
*edit (didn't see IanO' post)

Katz owns property adjacent to roughly the centre of the BG block facing 104th street but that also backs onto the tower site. It is a perfect staging area and received some use in storage and marshaling for the Ice District from earliest days. The tower is set back on all sides and if the crane uses the marshaling site and the alley between 103 and 104 then I don't see there being any problem for tenants on the public square side. This type of development is done all the time across the globe. No one should have to suffer hoarding fever for even one moment for the tower construction. The bigger fear is no tower at all! 😱

the issue isn’t crane swing or lay-by space per se, it’s what’s taking place immediately below an active construction zone. because sh!t happens. it’s actually less risky vertically building in the same footprint than it is when staging that construction on top of an occupied podium that extends outside of that footprint. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3284932

Back