• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_7705.jpeg
IMG_7706.jpeg
IMG_7707.jpeg
IMG_7708.jpeg
IMG_7709.jpeg

I was at TWOS yesterday evening, and even at nigh this building is looking gorgeous. Sadly, my phone camera is not good enough to take pictures at night with good quality :(

I'm gonna be moving to just a few blocks away from this, which is now getting me really hyped up to see it completed.

The only part of this project that disappoints me is that no replacement for Coronation Arena was included. Another loss of a centrally located, smaller arena, forcing users further out to the suburbs in the mega-rec centre developments.

I recall one iteration with a new double rink. Was that not moved forward?

But yes, to your point, it's sad to see this trend and policy direction. How about reinvestment and replacement of high quality rec in mature neighbourhoods.

I recall one iteration with a new double rink. Was that not moved forward?

But yes, to your point, it's sad to see this trend and policy direction. How about reinvestment and replacement of high quality rec in mature neighbourhoods.
I don't have a strong opinion but it's certainly a choice to support new areas better than existing ones. Commonwealth rec center is fantastic but i would argue it isn't at the same level as the likes of The Meadows, Terwillegar, or even the new Lewis Farms facility. The downtown community rink is nice but a pretty unique circumstance got that facility built.

Totally off topic, and I haven't been following, but what happened to the multi-rink plan for Bonnie Doon? I thought that was supposed to be the replacement for all these central aging facilities.

The Coronation will become a specialized Sports Centre of Excellence. It would have been nice if it became another mega rec complex but for now this is very good. Can they add arenas next , probably but I would also like to see the track updated. Hell it was a cinder track when I ran track in High school (mid 70s). That could also enhance the Triathlon component.

Back