What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Damn. I was down there last night skating at the arena. If I knew it was up, I would have walked across the street and took some pictures.

Hmm I shall see what my weekend looks like - my 30D sucks in the dark, but I can see what I can muster up if I have the time lol. Shall see what the Fiancee has in store.

City offers first glimpse inside the workspaces of the new Edmonton Tower
City of Edmonton offices are on the move and will be for the next seven months.

Beginning in November and going until July 2017, 3,000 city staff will relocate, with 2,300 of them going to the new city tower down the street from City Hall.

The migration is the largest municipal move of its kind made in Canada, taking up 17 of the 27 storeys of the new tower. Along with the new real estate comes a new way of working.

“This is about more than just the tower, this is about something we call alternative work strategies,” said city spokesman David Holehouse.

$

final-touches-are-being-put-on-the-edmonton-tower-on-104-str.jpeg

final-touches-are-being-put-on-the-edmonton-tower-on-104-str4.jpeg

http://edmontonjournal.com/business...side-the-workspaces-of-the-new-edmonton-tower

C1WL19MXAAAKkfk.jpg

Massive downtown (red-&-white) flag helps chase away winter blues
Huge image of Canadian flag appears on the north side of new Edmonton Tower

By Lydia Neufeld, CBC

Look up. Look waaaay up in downtown Edmonton today and you may catch a glimpse of a massive Canadian flag projected on a highrise.

"I had to actually pull over and get my iPhone out and take a picture," Cindy Ferrari said Wednesday. "This is very, very creative, and this is what makes this city amazing."

The image covers the top four storeys, from edge to edge, on the north side of the new Edmonton Tower, on the corner of 101st Street and 104th Avenue.

The moving image shows a Canadian flag, flapping in the wind.

The huge image is hard to miss, Ferrari said.

"The innovation, the technology, is amazing. It's breathtaking."

Edmonton Tower, owned by the Katz Group, opened in November in the downtown arena district.

It houses more than 65 per cent of the city's downtown workforce, about 2,300 employees, who occupy 17 of its 27 floors.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...le-leaf-katz-arena-district-1.3920974?cmp=rss

Back