What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_5975.jpeg

I'm really excited for what this project will do for the Whyte Ave area. The towers aren't too imposing and they're set back from the main historical road frontage, and all the new people and shops here will definitely drive up activity and foot traffic. I'd love to see some more low to mid-rise mixed-use buildings with designs that compliment the historic red-brick buildings the define the area, though.

I really don't think that is the biggest problem, but the construction sure doesn't make it easier for pedestrians going there.

Odd if all those people are walking right by, why there are two retail buildings along this street with nothing in them and another lot that has been empty for years.

IMO that's the bigger issue with the section of 105 Street here, it is bleak. I've been around the area for years and it used to be much better. I am hopeful that this building will help things improve again.

I really don't think that is the biggest problem, but the construction sure doesn't make it easier for pedestrians going there.

Odd if all those people are walking right by, why there are two retail buildings along this street with nothing in them and another lot that has been empty for years.

IMO that's the bigger issue with the section of 105 Street here, it is bleak. I've been around the area for years and it used to be much better. I am hopeful that this building will help things improve again.
Whyte ave redesign will do wonders 😍

Agree with this. 105 is incredibly bleak when it really shouldn't be. I'm hoping this project brings this area to life again and don't see why it won't considering how much extra traffic this project will drive here and considering it's right off of Whyte.

I just really hope we see some movement on the Scona garage and that hideous empty lot right across from it.

Agree with this. 105 is incredibly bleak when it really shouldn't be. I'm hoping this project brings this area to life again and don't see why it won't considering how much extra traffic this project will drive here and considering it's right off of Whyte.

I just really hope we see some movement on the Scona garage and that hideous empty lot right across from it.

New plans for the empty lot! (End of the thread.):

And the next phase(s) for The Hat will mean the disappearance of another gravel parking lot. 👍

(Also hoping for movement on the garage.)

Love this project. Feels like it’s flying under the radar a bit since we don’t get as many photo updates like the projects in the core.

I commute to work on the 83rd Ave bike lane, will try to swing by periodically to post updates!

New plans for the empty lot! (End of the thread.):

And the next phase(s) for The Hat will mean the disappearance of another gravel parking lot. 👍

(Also hoping for movement on the garage.)

I commute to work on the 83rd Ave bike lane, will try to swing by periodically to post updates!
Oh man I wonder how I missed that! This is awesome news! Thanks for that

Back