What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@TAS Grandin is too far away from the developing high-rise node at 124 Street and Jasper to enter the name competition IMHO. I do like something that references "Jasper" the name of Edmonton's tired, old, mistreated Main Street -- in that vein the competition for the grand Lollipop is now to be focused on names that include "Jasper" -- did I mention that the flavor of the Lollipop is "Maple Supreme".

The NYC example could definitely be linked to north south. I can’t remember where I heard/read it was based on the Hudson.

No matter what it’s called, the Area of grandin and west jasper ave is probably my favourite part of Edmonton. You would think something midrise with larger units like West Block would do extremely well here. It’s great that we are updating our rental stock, but at some point you would think something will go up to target empty-nesters looking to relocate Central. Basically if you’re looking for a newer larger higher end condo you are limited to Alta Vista, Serenity, Meridian, Uptown, Iluminada, or the overpriced poorly constructed Pearl. Grandin City has no units above about 950sqft as far as I know? MAYBE Meridian Plaza II will eventually target this?

I have my heart set on -- when the COVID thing plays out -- to take a trip to the Land Upunder -- particularly Sydney, Melbourne, and Darwin, maybe even to the Great Red (Ayers) Rock in the middle of the Inback.

IMG_3623.JPG

Don't care about the fencing, that's there problem, but my biggest gripe with developers is when they don't bother taking care of the public walks surrounding their sites. A $250 or even $1000 fine for not clearing a sidewalks are figures a lot if developers whipe their asses with, so I feel like reporting this to 311 is worthless

Last edited:
Don't care about the fencing, that's there problem, but my biggest gripe with developers is when they don't bother taking care of the public walks surrounding their sites. A $250 or even $1000 fine for not clearing a sidewalks are figures a lot if developers whipe their asses with, so I feel like reporting this to 311 is worthless
You would care about the fencing if you slipped or tripped on said sidewalk and impaled your face on the steel fence bases that are sticking up in the air. Fencing is there to protect the public so their problem is our problem.

Ok, so we're getting a good idea of some of the 2021 projects going ahead as part of city grant incentive.
J123
ICE district Tower BG - if exemption granted
Falcon
Hudson
Open Sky

There's also a proposal for the property immediately north of the planned Open Sky tower on 121 Street. Does anyone know anything about this project?

Stalled?

Site prep was underway...
What? I thought Village 121 has been stagnant for the past couple years. Are they finally doing something there? Or are you actually talking about the Open Sky site?

Actually, you are right.
Okay 😆 You got me very hopeful for a second there Ian! I always thought that proposal was cool

Back