Well, I suspect it's going to be a few more months before I can reach the station from the new place.
When it hasn't rained for a few days, it is possible to walk from Blatchford to the NAIT station if you don't mind a little dust and wind. If it has been raining, you will end up ankle-deep in the thickest mud you've ever seen.

When it hasn't rained for a few days, it is possible to walk from Blatchford to the NAIT station if you don't mind a little dust and wind. If it has been raining, you will end up ankle-deep in the thickest mud you've ever seen.
Yeah. That rough grade is clayey enough to drain poorly, and silty enough to just suck your foot in.
Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 4.22.56 PM.png

Hopefully Sohi is all over these bucks from his Buddy in Ottawa. Start building the CN bridge!

Names every big city in the country except YEG....

Hopefully Sohi is all over these bucks from his Buddy in Ottawa. Start building the CN bridge!

Names every big city in the country except YEG....
That's because the mayor is already his mouthpiece...

Plot Twist: Edmonton asked to be left out of the announcement…

“Funding amounts will be based on merit, with the highest amounts of funding going to the most ambitious partnerships, including those that can best demonstrate how investments in transit will help build more homes.”

Merit…

Also of note:

To access funding under the Metro-Region Agreements stream, local governments and transit agencies will have to work in partnership with their provincial government to develop and share Integrated Regional Plans.

Do wonder if we'll see another reiteration of a Metro Transit Commission.

ETS has mentioned during recent Urban Planning (April 9) & Executive Committee (Ride Transit update) meetings that the program involves working with region for submissions.

MOU was signed earlier this year.
Also of note:

Do wonder if we'll see another reiteration of a Metro Transit Commission.
I recall that it was being re-assembled, thanks for confirming...

Hopefully this time they 86 this nonsense about keeping all the old admin and empire buildiers etc. in place adding costs. 1 set of managers is all that is required.

I recall that it was being re-assembled, thanks for confirming...

Hopefully this time they 86 this nonsense about keeping all the old admin and empire buildiers etc. in place adding costs. 1 set of managers is all that is required.
The MOU doesn't say that at all. All transit agencies remain independent but agree to work together to make transit more efficient. There are examples cited, like Beaumont running to Mill Woods TC, ETS using Naki TC for special event service, and Strathcona stopping in Cloverdale.

The MOU doesn't say that at all. All transit agencies remain independent but agree to work together to make transit more efficient. There are examples cited, like Beaumont running to Mill Woods TC, ETS using Naki TC for special event service, and Strathcona stopping in Cloverdale.
what were the reasons it went sideways before?

Back