The MOU doesn't say that at all. All transit agencies remain independent but agree to work together to make transit more efficient. There are examples cited, like Beaumont running to Mill Woods TC, ETS using Naki TC for special event service, and Strathcona stopping in Cloverdale.
Yes, this time please keep the admin and empire builders under control, put in a small, nibble coordinating structure using mainly existing staff and it will be better.

Yes, this time please keep the admin and empire builders under control, put in a small, nibble coordinating structure using mainly existing staff and it will be better.
It would appear that we have read the same information and came away with the same reasons for the previous failure.

It can only be more cost efficient IF we have 1 solitary set of managers etc.

Does anyone have photos of the NAIT wall where the temporary station once stood?

The feature wall?
PXL_20240802_200102324.jpg

I wish the Metro Line would tunnel under the CN Walker Yard instead of building a bridge over it.
However, I'm not sure how much of a savings that would be, plus a tunnel could potentially leave pedestrians and cyclists out of the equation.

The pedestrian connection across the yard is equally important as the LRT crossing imo. A TBM might be cheaper than a bridge, but I'm sure there's issues with emergency exits in the yard, etc.

I wish the Metro Line would tunnel under the CN Walker Yard instead of building a bridge over it.
However, I'm not sure how much of a savings that would be, plus a tunnel could potentially leave pedestrians and cyclists out of the equation.
why would cyclist and pedestrians be left out, just build a 10 foot wider tunnel for the shared use pathway

why would cyclist and pedestrians be left out, just build a 10 foot wider tunnel for the shared use pathway
My guy, this Edmonton. I think you know very well why a long-ass tunnel under a rail yard, with not many eyes on it cuz it's under a frickin' rail yard, would be a bad idea for safety and cleanliness.

Any news on opening Blatchford Gate station?
No Blatchford development out that way yet, and looking at the pace of the existing development, it's gonna be years away.

Residents from Westwood that would take transit have a shorter walk to 97th than that station, and the city yards/Epcor etc, would only require 2 or 3 trips in the am or pm for their staff, F they'd take transit...

Back