News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I wanted to highlight another thing I noticed which could bode well for the Oilers and particularly their lethal powerplay. That being the Panthers lack of discipline and, at least in game 1, the refs willingness to call them on their crap.

I shockingly, was not overly disappointed with the refereeing, other than the awful call on Perry in the 3rd, they did a pretty good job in my mind. Also, Barkov is very sneaky with slashes and hooks, that at real time, and without the luxury of instant replay, look like clean stick checks. I'd like to see him get called on this a couple times.

They called the Panthers on a lot of their undisciplined crap. For example, Bennett retaliating with a nasty crosscheck on Draisaitl after taking a reverse hit, and Verhaege wildly flinging his stick in the air on the forecheck.

If the Panthers continue to take stupid penalties, and the refs continue to call the dirty garbage they keep doing, the Oilers powerplay will get a lot of chances. Despite not scoring, I thought the Oilers powerplay looked very strong, and Florida's penalty kill had trouble clearing the puck in a shorthanded situation.

IMG_7217.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpeg
    IMG_7215.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7216.jpeg
    IMG_7216.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7213.jpeg
    IMG_7213.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7219.jpeg
    IMG_7219.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7221.jpeg
    IMG_7221.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7217.jpeg
    IMG_7217.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 8
Keys to tonight's game.

-do not let the first shot in
-create chaos in from of Bob
-tons of point shots
-make room for McD
-finish your GD chances
-keep hitting
Bouch has to hammer that puck every single time he gets it....needs to take out a few Panthers along the way.....break a few ankles and crack a few skulls.

Back