News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

It's official!
@EdmontonOilers
58m
SIGNED ✔️

The #Oilers have signed forward Corey Perry to a one-year contract with an average annual value (AAV) of $775K plus performance bonuses. Perry will wear number 90.

#LetsGoOilers

As expected, the Oilers have sent down Adam Erne

Actually - not yet.

1705949182312.png

I would have been disappointed if it was Brown sent or released. I've been impressed with his play.

Now if only we could get Klim Kostin back! Not really any room though.

Are the Oilers going to look at someone like Elias Lindholm now?

I have to think they are wanting to determine their 'backup' goalie and while Pickard is looking very good, I suspect that we need more of a veteran.

Package Campbell and Broberg with a top pick for someone?

Are the Oilers going to look at someone like Elias Lindholm now?

I have to think they are wanting to determine their 'backup' goalie and while Pickard is looking very good, I suspect that we need more of a veteran.

Package Campbell and Broberg with a top pick for someone?
With what cap space??? They're done for big moves. MAYBE get a goalie to relieve Skinner so you don't play him into the ground.

^Move a certain JC goalie, one future D and a pick eat 25%.... you could do it... or so says Stauffer.

The club partnered with four local designers: Lance Cardinal (Indigenous Celebration), Pete Nguyen (Lunar New Year), AJA Louden (Celebrating Black History) and Sunny Nerval (South Asian Celebration) to develop unique Oilers logos that represent the history and culture of these four Oil Country communities.

d3glxstzhpg9vmiquqtd.jpg

I wouldn't target Lindholm, he's not a position of need (top 6 centre, though he could maybe move to Draisaitl's wing). He would also cost a kings ransom especially with him being in Calgary. He's most likely just a rental as well since I don't see how the Oilers are going to be able to get enough cap space to sign him and McDavid and Draisaitl the years after.

The Oilers need a D who can play top 4 minutes some options on the market include:

- Dante Fabbro
- Chris Tanev
- Adam Larsson
- Sean Walker
- Nick Seeler
- Adam Boqvist

All of those being dependent on whether these teams look sure to make the playoffs:

Nashville, Seattle, Calgary and Philadelphia are all still very much in the playoff race, but could have weak second halves and fall out before the deadline

I personally like Tanev, Fabbro and Larsson the most here, though all are on Western Conference potential playoff teams so could be difficult to make moves with.

In terms of a package:

Broberg
Ceci or Campbell (to make the money work)
picks and / or one of Bourgeault, Petrov, Savoie (depending on the value of the players coming back the other way)

No trades please... they can tend to be unsettling to existing players (large sensitive egos). I know our armchair coaches like to expound on possibilities, but the current lineup seems to be working just fine.

Back