News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Oilers have signed Connor Ungar from Brock University, a goalie having a great year.

.932 Sv%
2.15 GAA
through 26 GP

I know nothing about this kid but those are some pretty solid numbers and I don't mind taking a flyer on a guy who might end up being pretty good, especially not at a position of need.

He can't play in the NHL this year as he was signed after the deadline, also I don't expect him to jump into NHL action right out of college. Play him in Bako for a couple years and maybe he turns into something great. Who knows?

This is a nice low risk, potentially high reward deal, love it.

5-0 for the Leafs after 2 periods.

Man, what an embarrassment on HNIC. Draisaitl is playing like shit. Nurse, Bouchard and Henrique may as well have scored on their own goaltender due to their horrific giveaways. Pickard has replaced Skinner in net for the 3rd period.

Shots 35-15 and we are down 4-3, in mid-March, with this team?

I am so sick and tired of this level of effort, finish and care.

Terrible, terrible reffing performance. Both calls on Vinnie were absolutely awful, refs despise him for seemingly no reason. Pickard played terribly, you can't give up 4 goals on 15 shots. Those Chychrun goals were tough, on the penalty kill and the pass gets through to an open guy for the one timer, not much he can do there. But the Stutzle and Batherson goals needed to be saved, especially if you've barely faced any shots all game. If he was getting peppered, I could let those go, but as the shot clock says, he was absolutely not.

Nuge needs to start putting some in the net. He's gotten super unlucky with 3 posts in the last 2 games.

Either way, I'm not too worried. They played a good game and easily deserved to win, and would have if either the reffing wasn't awful or Pickard made one or two more saves. Even though the finish wasn't really there, they scored more than enough to win only giving up 16 shots all game.

You have to roll with bad calls, but this team's level of compete and finish leaves A LOT to be desired.
Okay, you have to roll with the bad calls, but there's the psychological effect of having any momentum you gain broken, repeatedly, by bad calls (honestly, sometimes they felt almost ill intentioned, but I'll no accuse anyone since I don't have proof).
The finish was lacklustre, but the mains issue for me was the PK. The whole thing with overloading one side of the PK at the draw IS NOT WORKING. out of the last 6 PP goals we took, 4 looked pretty much like replays of each other.

We were lucky to hang in there long enough to get going and then a few calls, bounces and pretty even game at the end of the day.

Brown on pace for 5!

Had me shaking in my boots when they called that high stick that was clearly DeMelo's. Then Zach went to work in OT. I was disappointed with the close out there and I hope it doesn't become a theme where the Oilers struggle to shut down teams and hold the fort when up a couple goals. Happy to get the win though, and deserved at that, the shot and chance clock was heavily Oiler favored after the 1st period. I think Skinner played very well and I wouldn't blame him on any of the 3 goals against. The first goal was a bit of a fluky bounce and the other two were deflections.

Back