News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It's almost hard to fathom how big of a money maker deep playoff runs like this are.

I bet gate revenues alone exceed $100m this run for OEG. Never mind all the media, beer/food/bev, merchandise, watch party, etc. alternative revenues. All while not paying the players an extra dime.

I hope Katz gives Knoblauch a great big thank you after he saved the team from missing the playoffs 🤣

It's almost hard to fathom how big of a money maker deep playoff runs like this are.

I bet gate revenues alone exceed $100m this run for OEG. Never mind all the media, beer/food/bev, merchandise, watch party, etc. alternative revenues. All while not paying the players an extra dime.

I hope Katz gives Knoblauch a great big thank you after he saved the team from missing the playoffs 🤣
The players get some sort of bonus as they progress round to round. - not sure if it's from the Owners or the Union.....but it adds up....

Yeah it works out to something like ~$100K per roster player for teams that make the finals, and about ~$160K/player for the teams that win the cup: https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-player-playoff-compensation/

Not a massive chunk of compensation compared to how much the team is earning, but certainly not nothing.
It's not funded solely by the teams playing though, but by the NHL itself, transferred to the NHLPA to disperse to playoff participants.

Jeepers. The $20 (formerly $5) watch party tickets are on resale sites for $25-57 now.

Game #6 upper 200s are into the $2000+ on resale sites.

Yeah it works out to something like ~$100K per roster player for teams that make the finals, and about ~$160K/player for the teams that win the cup: https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-player-playoff-compensation/

Not a massive chunk of compensation compared to how much the team is earning, but certainly not nothing.
There's also the "deferred compensation" of future earnings that are considerably higher for Stanley Cup finalists and Stanley Cup winners (albeit this is somewhat limited by the salary cap which might force players to move in order to earn it). There's also the endorsements and speaking fees etc.

Seeing people online criticizing this. Maybe he wants to buy his own beer. And he knows he'll be mobbed so also not innocent.

What’s up with the “Kane’r” hanging with the YEG hater?

IMG_1954.png

Seeing people online criticizing this. Maybe he wants to buy his own beer. And he knows he'll be mobbed so also not innocent.
Their behaviour, while non-threatening, is incredibly invasive. Just ask for a picture, thank him, and move on.

I've had run ins with several players in the past, most recently Perry, Hyman and Kane (curiously, all at the same grocery store), but also Leon once a few years ago, and Skinner last year. Being respectful of their personal space took me ZERO effort.

Back