News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Anyone catch Marty Biron on TSN - so-called Hockey analyst - say that the Nucks are Canada’s best team and that the Oil have the 4th best goaltending in the country too! What’s with this guy?

This will help sign Broberg and Holloway but I think there will be one more trade.

Edit: Matthew Savoie's bother Carter last played in the Oilers farm system but he's now a UFA.
This is a home run trade for the oilers, mcleod is an exceptional 3C but savoie has potential to be a 80-90 point guy for the next decade unreal work by JJ, ceci/kane out next and find a way to upgrade that second pair right shit spot and this organization firing is on all cylinders.

Just been watching videos from Sabres fans. Had to turn it off because of all the profanity.

If the Oilers can continue to pick off top-tier draft picks after a year or two of "seasoning" then what use is it having a first round draft pick at all? This to me was one of the greatest all-time steals in Professional Sport right up there with signing Warren Moon to the Edmonton Eskimos. And a home-town boy to boot... smo-o-o-o-oth!!!

With the offseason moves, trades and signings starting to wind down. I think it's time for a way too early NHL and division ranking prediction.

X = Wildcard Team

So here we go:

Atlantic:
1. Florida
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Detroit X
5. Tampa Bay
6. Ottawa
7. Montreal
8. Buffalo

Metropolitan:
1. Carolina
2. New Jersey
3. New York (Rangers)
4. Pittsburgh X
5. New York (Islanders)
6. Washington
7. Columbus
8. Philadelphia

Central:
1. Dallas
2. Colorado
3. Winnipeg
4. Nashville X
5. Minnesota X
6. Utah
7. St Louis
8. Chicago

Pacific:
1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. Los Angeles
5. Seattle
6. Anaheim
7. Calgary
8. San Jose

Let me explain some of the biggest risers and fallers:

Risers:

New Jersey:
Everything went wrong for the Devils last year: injuries, goaltending, coaching and more injuries. They've had a fantastic off season, and with a better coach (still not that great but better), better goaltending from Markstrom and better health, I believe they will easily be a playoff team.

Pittsburgh:
The Pens were basically the anti-Canucks last year and were really unlucky pretty much all year and still almost made it in the end. Their offseason wasn't fantastic but it was okay enough and their powerplay was abysmal, which is extremely odd considering the talent they could put out there, no matter how old. I predict the Pens will snag a wildcard spot ahead of the Lightning.

Detroit:
The Red Wings took a massive step last year and I think they have the pieces to put together a really good squad in the next few years. This prediction assumes the Simon Edvinsson steps in and is good early on, and is able to take some of the pressure off of Moritz Seider.

Fallers:

Los Angeles:
Very mid team and I think the Wild will be better, pushing them out of the wildcard spot. I don't like their defense and goaltending, the Edmundson signing was weird. They got rid of Dubois though!

Calgary:
Traded away half their defense in the past year, along with much of the forward core. Most of the players with tradeable contracts that are worth much are gone. The Flames have entered tank mode.

Tampa Bay:
Vasilevskiy keeps getting worse, no Sergachev, Stamkos. The whole core is aging and the depth is not good enough to compensate.

Top 5 Teams (regular season):
1. Oilers
2. Stars
3. Panthers
4. Hurricanes
5. Boston

Bottom 5 Teams:
28. Chicago
29. Calgary
30. Buffalo
31. Philadelphia
32. San Jose

These are just predictions and once again, way too early.

This was the evolution of my feelings on July 1st:

8wbb8m.jpg

Back