What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
While he is masking this with a thin veil of 'town hall', the language certainly indicates bias and an attempt to impart his opinion (as a Councillor) in advance of further information and objective debate.

Careful of that line there M.J.

Anyone planning to attend? I signed up.

Give 'em hell, @TAS (and whoever else shows up)! I can't make it but I hope the people on this forum can overwhelm this town hall.

I did write a letter to Anne Stevenson expressing my full support for the gondola.

I may need mental health support after it's over. It might be very frustrating and deflating. I do recognize there are many points of view - but I just get frustrated when inaccuracies are abound.

It’s not about protecting the River Valley. It’s about Janz objecting to any possible profit being made by the gondola, and taking away jobs from Edmonton Transit. Why don’t you object to the extension of the High Level streetcar?

It’s not about protecting the River Valley. It’s about Janz objecting to any possible profit being made by the gondola, and taking away jobs from Edmonton Transit. Why don’t you object to the extension of the High Level streetcar?
We met with ETS last week and we asked specifically that question: Are we taking jobs or revenue away from ETS? Are we replacing routes? They responded, "Absolutely not." We insisted, "Is there any indirect way that we are negatively impacting ETS?" Their response was that we didn't. They explained that when ARC is activated, anyone on the system will separately pay into it and the management is done through WIX, not ETS. They added that if they notice that one route becomes less busy, it will actually be beneficial to them as it will allow them to reallocate services and resources elsewhere or increase hours elsewhere. Their conclusion was, "Prairie sky Gondola being part of the system would help ETS become more responsive." These are ongoing conversations, but we thought you may appreciate some of thoughts we are all having and how we want to be able to support not compete with those on the network to the benefit of users.

the management is done through WIX, not ETS.
Just a small correction, Arc is being done by Vix - Wix is the company that provides website templates! But thanks for sharing that conversation with ETS; it's great to know that your two organizations are in communication, and that they're receptive to your project :)

It gets so frustrating though. I remember the last time how it was foretold that the loss of the pedestrian bridge ,where the Tawatinâ Bridge is now, was going to hurt the river valley and how an LRT line where it is now was going to destroy the beauty of the river valley.

Sunshine & urban gondolas are always a winning combo but add to it vintage motorcycles & car shows, vendors, artists, yoga, and art classes. But also the Edmonton International Street Performers Festival and ArtWorks on Churchill Square - now that is THE weekend to be downtown. Lots happening downtown this Saturday. Our tent will be at Al Fresco again from 11am - 3pm on 104 Street and Jasper Ave. Introduce yourselves, ask questions and have fun.

PSG_AlFresco_05.jpg

Schedule of festivities - https://lnkd.in/gbZTCFv9

Any of you interested in speaking in favour of the Prairie Sky Gondola project?

We are going in front of Executive Committee on Wed, Aug 10 at 9:30am to seek approval of our real estate and infrastructure agreements. Mainly we are looking for Edmontonians who can express why they think it could contribute positively to their lives, neighbourhoods, and Edmonton.

The agreements are about the leases of the land where the towers and stations will be (DC zoning) as well as the right of way for the ropeway. The agreements include which city owned parcels of land will be leased, dollar value of leases (we are leasing at full commercial value assessed by the City), length of the leases, taxation rate (we will pay all our taxes at full value), decommissioning bond (very extensive), etc.

After this we would be able to start the rezoning application, river valley bylaw amendment, public & indigenous engagement, design development and all the impact assessments (environment, geotechnical, heritage, paleontology and archeology). At the end of this 1.5 year long process, we would go back in front of City Council to share the results of our engagement, design, impact assessments and seek approval for construction.

The City's report and recommendation is being released tomorrow, so, ideally, we would love to know by tomorrow (Th, Jul 28)!

We would SO appreciate your perspective and support as it's the first time we go in front of our current Council.

You can respond here, or to Claire at claire@prairieskygondola.com

Thanks!

Back