News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 11.29.09 AM.png

Both of these shots do it for me in a big way... As long as it has one of the most recent additions to the skyline (Walterdale Bridge or Ice District) it looks brand new and startling to even the most jaded Edmontonian... Which is why it makes me white hot FIFA-level angry at seeing sh*t filler images of Edmonton that are horribly out of date used to editorialize our city without actually saying it... Believe me we studied MONTHS on the subject at MacEwan journalism school about photography placement/editorialization and the ethics of it all... And it invokes a very passionate debate in people to the point of the snake eating its tail on the way to the tale in a very weird "the medium is the message" meta conversation... Which again is ironic given that Mr. McCluhan's house is about 12-14 houses down the street from mine over in The Highlands... But I digress! And after lunch will post a bunch of my last few attempts at modern skyline shots from the east side...

^^ all I can see are streetlights wanting to become a McDonald' sign from that vantage point :D

^THE classic Edmonton shot!

• Haha
Reactions: ION

Back