That price was for the full campus. The 400 bed hospital was a out 2.5 b. But the addition of other components boosted the price. It was never intended to be all built out right away.

On an absolute basis, near impossible unless deflation occurs. On a basis of growth in costs vs growth in gov't revenues, maybe.
Alberta does seem to have boom and bust cycles revenue wise. Resource revenue is actually doing well now, but actually it could easily decline from current levels.

So it might actually not work out in the future to be a reduced percentage either.

I think Lagrange is Red Deer-north. Red Deer and area have grown significantly, and the Regional Hospital expansion is needed.

I believe the Red Deer Hospital expansion planning and announcement came way before she was Heath Minister, but I suspect having a Health Minister now probably helps keep it moving forward.

I don't doubt it it needed, but other places without as good political connections need hospitals too.

Red Deer (both ridings) were also FAR too close for comfort for the UCP, which is why were finally seeing some movement on this one.

Back