Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Truckin along:

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg

This is probably one of the developments I~m the most excited about right now, up there with The Parks (out of the ones under construction).
Does anyone have renders for the whole project (all phases)?

Not even close - add me in for the highrise next door as an exciting project.....along with the Parks as my #1
You did miss the Under construction" part, right?

If we're talking in general, The Shift is right up there with The Parks, for me. But the fully built Stadium Yards is the best example of what we should be building all across the city: a great missing middle project!

This week has been busy for this construction site. They formed a large section for the walls for the concrete to be poured, likely for the parkade ramp due to close proximity to the street and the concrete was poured yesterday. They also started to pour sand and compact it on the Northwest corner of the site, likely getting ready to prep the underground parking concrete floors. On the south side of the site, they started to mark out the structure columns! A lot going on, I assuming they're pushing through before winter arrives so they can get the parkade done before the actual winter comes!

IMG_2249.jpeg
IMG_2242.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_2256.jpeg
IMG_2254.jpeg

The inside of that formwork is the access/egress area to the parkade. Those are temporary shorings to keep the walls in place and plumb when concrete is poured as you don't want them to blow out from pressure. They're removed when the walls are sufficiently cured.

The diagonal ones inside the formwork? Those get removed.
I think they’re referring to the steel piles around the edge of the site holding back the soil outside the excavation area. As far as I know, they stay in the ground forever? I’ve never seen them being removed.

Stadium Yard Phase 2 seems to be ramping up pretty quickly! They finished pouring sand and laid rebar for the parkade slab. They poured the first section on Thursday and will be pouring the next section on Monday, where you see the rebar right now. It seems they now have the concrete form stands or what it is called to pour concrete for the first floor. Looks like they will be starting to stet up that next week. They moved a bunch of dirt from the old ramp to the new ramp closer to the street as they need to dig down the last section for the foundation wall on the corner. Also, you'll now notice that the parkade ramp walls are completed.

IMG_2396.JPEG

IMG_2398.JPEG

IMG_2401.JPEG

IMG_2424.JPEG

IMG_2425.JPEG

IMG_2428.JPEG

IMG_2429.JPEG

Last edited:
A lot of progress being done at Stadium Yards Phase 2! They poured the slab on the east side of the parkade, now they're erecting the first floor concrete form work! They started to lay out the form work on the West Side, but they had to start from the East side to work their way up to the West side. They are working on the final section of foundation walls. Stay tuned for more updates! ;)

IMG_2577.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2572.jpeg

Last edited:

Back