What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
There are "architectural" hints in some of the photographs that this is not the final finish. This is probably the inner face of what is known as a "rain screen". My guess is that the final finish will more resemble Gehry's Disney Hall in L.A. which was applied over a similar "rain screen" subsurface.

Maybe, but aren't the left panels already applied over the rain screen of the right?

The wedge looks like it will get a uniform surface, but the rest, those vertical panels look similar to the recent renders:

@archited
certainly could be, an air gap creating panel. Hopefully so, but not holding my breath—been let down too many times before!

We should enlist @Daveography to put his new lens to use to take some close-ups of connecting details for the panels so we could get a better idea.??
I can see Dave standing 10 feet away looking at the picture he just took thinking... "looks like one continuous panel to me"... ?

I know that I am probably alone in this opinion, but I personally really like what they did with this library, especially considering it is a renovation of an older building. Yes, I do think that they could have been more creative in the finishing of the building (such and adding different textures like stone or cinderblock patterns), but... I still like it nonetheless :)

Back