What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Yup, still an empty lot

20230811_164111.jpg

20230811_164116.jpg

Some Outcomes
1. Parking lot for 2 years then Project gets built
2. A slight reduction in scale (shrunk by 3 floors)
3. Construction site in a few months
4. Site sold and Major reduction in scale (Rebuild strip mall)
5. 6-floor wood frame by westrich
6. The city buys the site and builds a park
7. Parking lot for 15 - 30 years?

Hoping we didn't get duped on this one. Coincidentally enough, I read yesterday on LinkedIn that Nearctic is offering investors into their newly minted, "Industrial Property REIT," that they are starting. So maybe that's where their dollars are going.......

Some Outcomes
1. Parking lot for 2 years then Project gets built
2. A slight reduction in scale (shrunk by 3 floors)
3. Construction site in a few months
4. Site sold and Major reduction in scale (Rebuild strip mall)
5. 6-floor wood frame by westrich
6. The city buys the site and builds a park
7. Parking lot for 15 - 30 years?
Put me down for #8 - empty lot for 10-15 years. Not even a parking lot. I pray I'm wrong

Put me down for #8 - empty lot for 10-15 years. Not even a parking lot. I pray I'm wrong
Park & ride... lol

It's infuriating because there are literally no other restaurants (the Red Ox Inn is gone too) in a 2 km radius. Literally have to go to Whyte unless you call for delivery.
Duggans & Bulgogi house I think are within 2 km, but I totally understand your point and frustration with this.

I talked to a city planner about this site when we were doing the district plannjng.

I told them to go to council with a bid to buy the whole strathearn heights parcel. I am
so tired of the city taking on all these high risk parcels of land with site remediation and social issues. I said buy it and parcel it out with restrictions Nd build timelines. Be Bold like Calgary and stop p**** footing around. This site and owner have been nothing but a bunch of (insert multiple swear words) We literally built them an LRT, if that wasnt enough incentive buy the whole dam thing.

I talked to a city planner about this site when we were doing the district plannjng.

I told them to go to council with a bid to buy the whole strathearn heights parcel. I am
so tired of the city taking on all these high risk parcels of land with site remediation and social issues. I said buy it and parcel it out with restrictions Nd build timelines. Be Bold like Calgary and stop p**** footing around. This site and owner have been nothing but a bunch of (insert multiple swear words) We literally built them an LRT, if that wasnt enough incentive buy the whole dam thing.
Yup, Nearctic is a joke.

It's infuriating because there are literally no other restaurants (the Red Ox Inn is gone too) in a 2 km radius. Literally have to go to Whyte unless you call for delivery.
Well now we can have the best food truck festival ever… in this gravel lot… next to a billion dollar train we built for it.

Btw someone was asking why start the redevelopment here? this site is to house the community amenities for the other buildings. Also, i suspect, best opportunity for relocation of existing tenants.

Back