News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I know this would never happen and Folk Fest would throw a fit, but I wish that there was more than one festival that could utilize Gallagher Park. Wouldn't have to have all six stages etc, just the mainstage area. The view is such a great ad for the City and it would be nice to have programmed for more than just one weekend.
This is actually a very good idea, it is a nice location that works well for such functions and it could be utilized more, especially now with the LRT being nearby.

As long as the time frame does not conflict with Folk Fest, it should not be a problem for them.

I know the ski club is there but I'd love to see it turned into a permanent amphitheatre capable of hosting a number of touring concerts, musicals, etc. Not sure that would go over well with the neighbourhood though.

It can be both and here's hoping the Edmonton Ski Club works with partners to develop the area into a winter club with the concept plans from a few years ago including ice ways, a toboggan carpet, snowshoe adventure walk and tube chutes.

Lifelong Edmontonian and only my second Folkfest. A couple shots from the weekend.
IMG-20240811-WA0009.jpg
20240810_204940.jpg

Participated in the marathon event downtown today. This year's edition had the highest participation ever. The event was well organized and utilized the convention centre. Better than the organization I experienced at the calgary marathon earlier this year.

However, the route went down jasper ave from 124 to 82 st and highlighted how poor the condition of the road and sidewalk is in certain stretches. Could have caused an injury or two.

After the race downtown was buzzing and generally good vibe overall.

Participated in the marathon event downtown today. This year's edition had the highest participation ever. The event was well organized and utilized the convention centre. Better than the organization I experienced at the calgary marathon earlier this year.

However, the route went down jasper ave from 124 to 82 st and highlighted how poor the condition of the road and sidewalk is in certain stretches. Could have caused an injury or two.

After the race downtown was buzzing and generally good vibe overall.
Definitely had a feel ankle tweaks on the west part of jasper today and was swearing at the city and their stupid 20 year renewal of jasper ave.

Great event though and the bike valet was a beautiful touch.

Less beautiful was the funicular having scheduled maintenance. What bozo planned that. Likely could have been a top 10 day of the year for funicular use. This city sometimes kills me haha.

Yes, that scheduled maintenance is just bizarre. I was in Old Strathcona earlier today and an intersection in the area was closed off for some road work during the Fringe. What is is with the city?

Also I noticed a bunch of the No Parking signs still up along Jasper Ave earlier today. I hope they collect them promptly and not leave them forever to confuse everyone.

Back