IMG_2006.png

Disclaimer: I am not in the picture…

How much appetite is there in Edmonton for premium apartment property like this? Edmonton just never really strikes me as a market where people would desire this over a single family home in more affluent areas.

How much appetite is there in Edmonton for premium apartment property like this? Edmonton just never really strikes me as a market where people would desire this over a single family home in more affluent areas.
This is on the doorstep of the most affluent area in Edmonton. The richest family I know will only buy in Glenora, Crestwood, Parkview, and Laurier. They just went through this when they bought two homes for their sons. It was an interesting discussion.

The location of the building isn't going to be a problem.

This is no different than the LeMarchand Mansion back in the day, a few of the Vic Promenade towers in the 70s, 80s, One River Park in the early 00s, and even the JW more recently.

That said, the market for this is small and some of the pricing is out of whack in my opinion for the city.

This is on the doorstep of the most affluent area in Edmonton. The richest family I know will only buy in Glenora, Crestwood, Parkview, and Laurier. They just went through this when they bought two homes for their sons. It was an interesting discussion.

The location of the building isn't going to be a problem.
Yes, the area is a big part of why this may work. For instance, it could also attract people who live in these areas but don't want a SFH anymore, perhaps because their family is grown and they want to travel more, but who still want to be nearby.

Back