What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What would have you had them do differently to boost this?
I think they were referring to the fact that walkability and transit access in the general area is horrible, therefore putting any development in this area at a significant disadvantage to places like Old Strathcona, Mckernan, Oliver, and even the Quarters.

Between 97 Ave and Rossdale Rd just makes going in and out of this area a pretty poor and dangerous experience as a pedestrian or cyclist. I really hope Rossdale can execute a more walkable atmosphere in the city's planned redevelopment of the area, as its the only real "waterfront" in downtown. However, it will probably be 30+ years before this area can transform into something decent. I wouldn't want to live here personally.

A gondola perhaps would help?

The nearest station won't really be practical for this. This will be a drive in, drive out type of deal if you need anything.

If Rossdale Crossing ever gets off the ground and that area gets more dense, then perhaps some amenities will pop up with this, but this is still 5-10 years away or longer

If the Ortona station happens, it would only be 300m from the station, but 1km from the nearest grocery stores at the ICE District. 2.5km round trip isn't exactly walkable.

Ahh right, forgot about that station between Rossdale and Downtown stations. But yes it's still going to be a struggle and not entirely practical to make that trip

I just so happen to live just 1 or 2 blocks from the Flats, and it takes me about 15 minutes to walk to the Ice District. It's a 10-15 minute walk to restaurants, pubs, gyms, medical clinic, dentist, wine shops, pharmacies, shopping malls and hotels. Once the grocery opens in the Ice District next year then I may have one less reason to drive! 😎

The uphill climbs are along McDougall Hill, Bellamy Hill and 103 St, plus there is the funicular.

I just so happen to live just 1 or 2 blocks from the Flats, and it takes me about 15 minutes to walk to the Ice District. It's a 10-15 minute walk to restaurants, pubs, gyms, medical clinic, dentist, wine shops, pharmacies, shopping malls and hotels. Once the grocery opens in the Ice District next year then I may have one less reason to drive! 😎

The uphill climbs are along McDougall Hill, Bellamy Hill and 103 St, plus there is the funicular.

I would still drive if I lived here and I'm in good shape and don't mind walking or climbing up hills. It may be ok for you, but carrying 4-5 heavy bags of groceries for 10-15 mins even downhill doesn't sound ideal to me, particularly in the winter.

Last edited:

This is what I was getting at. As a missing middle project located in the infill, which has been notoriously difficult to produce, people are still complaining its not walk-able enough? Get real.

Back