What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
20220225_162441.jpg

20220225_162611.jpg

Is it just me, or did construction grind to a halt? There has been little activity for the past few weeks or so.

I drive by often and I haven’t noticed much visible progress since those pics from Feb.

Does Gene Dub own this project? If so, based on history he dances to his own tune and self-finances projects -- they move along at his own tempo.

Too bad there isn't a more direct way to get to the Muttart LRT station from there. In fact, the sidewalk at one end of the bridge is only accessible by staircase, so it's literally impossible for someone to bike all the way without dismounting, or for a person in a wheelchair/mobility aid to make that trip whatsoever. And that's aside from the fact that the sidewalk on the bridge is very narrow. That stupid interchange on the east side really complicates things even further, because if the city added crosswalks closer to the bridge so that people didn't need to go all the way around, they'd need to cross an absurd number of lanes.
LRTDistance.PNG

Too bad there isn't a more direct way to get to the Muttart LRT station from there. In fact, the sidewalk at one end of the bridge is only accessible by staircase, so it's literally impossible for someone to bike all the way without dismounting, or for a person in a wheelchair/mobility aid to make that trip whatsoever. And that's aside from the fact that the sidewalk on the bridge is very narrow. That stupid interchange on the east side really complicates things even further, because if the city added crosswalks closer to the bridge so that people didn't need to go all the way around, they'd need to cross an absurd number of lanes.
View attachment 392396

FYI, There's a staircase on the northside of the James MacDonald Bridge that takes you up to the bridge sidewalk and would cut down a good chunk of that route

FYI, There's a staircase on the northside of the James MacDonald Bridge that takes you up to the bridge sidewalk and would cut down a good chunk of that route
I did notice that, but I used the longer route since it was more accessible and bike friendly, and I didn't realize that they didn't do something similar on the other side (staircase plus "smooth" approach).

Back