What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My only reservation about this one was that they did not include a patio or removable glass on the corner to bring it in and that out.

Went and looked at some units today. Mostly for fun, but also in case my wife and I want to rent our house and then move DT and rent. Some of the floorplans are weird, as with any rental. But lots were great as well. So expensive though. The 3bedroom was 3800 for 4th floor. 2bedrooms 2200-3000.

Not sure how they're renting out at some of these prices. Seems like its basically full though. Only 4 2bedrooms in the whole place available.

I'm guessing lots of people put more value in the exceptional amenities outside your own unit than I personally would myself. I remember doing a tour of Hendrix when it first opened and was quite baffled by the rental rates they charged for the shoeboxes they have. It was a hard no for me but it filled up fairly quick.

Went and looked at some units today. Mostly for fun, but also in case my wife and I want to rent our house and then move DT and rent. Some of the floorplans are weird, as with any rental. But lots were great as well. So expensive though. The 3bedroom was 3800 for 4th floor. 2bedrooms 2200-3000.

Not sure how they're renting out at some of these prices. Seems like its basically full though. Only 4 2bedrooms in the whole place available.
Which floorplans did you like the most?

I'm guessing lots of people put more value in the exceptional amenities outside your own unit than I personally would myself. I remember doing a tour of Hendrix when it first opened and was quite baffled by the rental rates they charged for the shoeboxes they have. It was a hard no for me but it filled up fairly quick.
JW and Stantec are amazing options if you live here part-time, want a zero maintenance property and one that is connected to the business, arts and entertainment core.

If I had a place in Scottsdale or Kelowna or Palm, it would be very attractive to sell a house here and snag something there.

Have you compared to Augustana or the Hat?

does location relate to price point? finishes?

The Augustana is a very attractive mix of finish, location and price IMO, but does not have the glitz or glamour of ICE District or some of the views of Hendrix.

The Augustana is a very attractive mix of finish, location and price IMO, but does not have the glitz or glamour of ICE District or some of the views of Hendrix.
I'll agree the location doesn't match anything near the ice district. a bit of a walk in comparison.

views though, I bet once you can see over the leg facing south would be amazing views. (or could spy on the sky palace haha)

Missing the 'glitz' but I'd prefer it due to the proximity to the Leg, valley and serenity of the area vis a vis.

I really like the MacLaren, its location and its look/feel, but wonder if that corner and traffic would bother me at all.

I lived at the hendrix and fit in that category. 1320 for 450sqft. But for my wife and I it was plenty. And we were big amenity users. They actually brought in a limit on rooftop bookings cause of us ahha. We were in uni, so we have 15-50 person gatherings every week or 2. So I found that even the biggest apartment would only fit 10-12 comfortably, so the smaller space with bigger social rooms actually fit our needs nicely.

Gym saved us money elsewhere. Free coffee and movie theatre/games room was sick as well.

But I guess the jump to 2bdrm prices makes it harder to swallow for me. Cause I am more concerned on unit size now with kids coming. And I do a few less 50 person parties a month haha.

Sub 1800 vs over 2300 is just a big jump for me too based on my wife's and my incomes. Over 2300 would require sacrifices elsewhere.

Have you compared to Augustana or the Hat?

does location relate to price point? finishes?
I actually don't love the area as much for augustana. But that's probably very subjective to everyone. Its farther from groceries, more empty lots around it, more crime in that area. But a gorgeous building still. Prices are very similar. If I made a juicy government salary maybe I could afford there.

Finishes are OK at the macleran, usual rental stuff. So felt a bit cheap vs the house we have now. The biggest turnoff in floor plans was probably the main bedroom sizes. They seemed to have kept the 2 bedrooms the same in size. Which I'm sure if good for roommates. But for us as a family, id want a larger room for us. They're like 9 by 11/12. So tight with a queen even. Closets were pretty tiny too on some randomly.

I liked the historical portion a lot. Those layouts had taller ceilings and no balcony (meaning living space had better walls not blocking door). I forget the names though sorry. I have all the sheets I could post if you wanted.

Back