It looks like something BIG might be coming to Mercury Block 👀
IMG_1728.jpeg

In a location like that if they're all taken by the same tenant you gotta think it's professional/medical.

I can honestly say that I did not think I would see that day that that lot would be developed; it's a stark reminder to have 'US' focus on identifying say 10 key lots to push for development on to truly change the character of an area.

Jasper 124st NEC would be the closest one in the area that comes to mind.

The parking lot there was sort of a remnant from the time Safeway was there years ago and a bit of an odd thing in an area chock full of multi storey residential. But I guess it takes a lot of time for things to change.

Likewise the parking lot where the Laurent now is by the U of A, didn't make a lot of sense either given the need for residential close to the University and the Hospital. We do seem to be filling in these spaces gradually.

The parking lot there was sort of a remnant from the time Safeway was there years ago and a bit of an odd thing in an area chock full of multi storey residential. But I guess it takes a lot of time for things to change.

Likewise the parking lot where the Laurent now is by the U of A, didn't make a lot of sense either given the need for residential close to the University and the Hospital. We do seem to be filling in these spaces gradually.
That parking lot was super heavily used when MEC was located in the old Safeway building. I think when MEC moved to the Brewery District is when its usage really dropped.

Back