What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Autograph can pretty accurately predict the price of midrise concrete construction as well as anyone in Edmonton now. The cost per unit in Mercury Block compared to The McLaren came out to be significantly lower despite the more favourable wages at the time of The McLaren's construction.

Rough estimate is $180k/unit vs. $220k/unit (this isn't Gospel, the Edgar team can always correct me).

I have faith in Autograph's ability to build people first spaces, so I'll be happy if they choose to go this route. They could plop another element themed/ MB 3 here, and I'd be happy. More brick this time to fit the area, please 😉.
Any ideas when we will see the designs? I am excited to see what they come up with.

Reactions: mcr
It’s also probably a better outcome to not have warehouse park surrounded completely by large towers. Some variability in heights will be good.
I sorta liked the idea of the SW and NE corners having towers, and then the south side hopefully getting more of a midrise format. Better connecting 104st to 108st with a few towers would be nice for the skyline too. But I guess we’ll take what we can get! Beats parking lots.

Yes, whether it be 10 stories or something taller, anything is better than an empty lot. Although I do feel something taller makes sense for this site.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 9.33.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 9.33.03 AM.png
I love the direction this is now going and hope the look/feel is something like this...

Realistically, the place it would go is ICE.
Realistically, the place it would go is ICE.
The Lululemon storefront works in Ice, it works downtown, would fit in on 124 street, fantastic on a corner on Whyte. It's good architecture. Upscale without pretense.

The Toronto Warehouse Lofts would a perfect addition to Edmonton's warehouse district. Very little if any product like that in Edmonton that I know of and it's quite likely that there would be a strong appetite for something similar.

^maybe, maybe not given that townhouses/work-live units facing a park would REALLY add some maturity to the Downtown and its options for living and working. Some of the best urban places I have visited had brownstones fronting park space and NOT commercial.

Townhomes will compliment the park feel for a more residential, people friendly, green street. Commercial is great, but there is lots nearby. I’m sure future developments will also have commercial.

Some of the best streets in DT Vancouver are lined with townhomes on both sides.

Back