Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DFTo2UTVYAAILPT.jpg

https://twitter.com/uptown_one/status/888591048066310145

Parking stall sells for 'mind-blowing' $75,000 in Ice District
upload_2017-9-25_10-10-4.jpg

A parking stall in the Ultima Tower sold for $75,000, taken on Friday September 22, 2017 in Edmonton. Greg Southam / Postmedia
A downtown underground parking space has sold for $75,000, condo developer Westrich Pacific says.

Parking stalls in the 32-storey highrise on 103 Street in the Ice District sold for as little as $25,000 in 2012, Westrich co-chief executive officer Richie Lam said Friday.

“This is mind-blowing,” he said.

The building, Ultima Tower, has 199 units, with over 300 parking stalls.

Westrich had initially wanted to hold on to the spot, as staff found it convenient for when the Oilers were playing.

The developer offered to sell the stall for the $75,000 price tag when approached by a condo owner, who wanted to purchase an additional space. The buyer wants to remain anonymous.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business/local-business/parking-stall-sells-for-75000-in-ice-district

Location, location: the $75,000 Edmonton parking stall
There's nothing special about the 153-square-foot piece of concrete — except the price tag.

An unidentified buyer recently purchased a sub-penthouse condominium in the Ultima Condominiums highrise. But the condo, just one block south of Rogers Place, only included one underground parking stall and the owner wanted two.

He was able to obtain an extra stall — for $75,000.

That puts the price per square foot at $490.

Developers Westrich Pacific discovered the sale set an Edmonton record and sent out a news release to boast about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/75-000-edmonton-parking-stall-condo-1.4303811

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-25_10-10-4.jpg
    upload_2017-9-25_10-10-4.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 849
$3.13-million Edmonton penthouse, priciest in city, comes with Bentley
upload_2017-10-18_9-43-56.jpeg

Drawing of the Ultima condominium tower's 10th-floor sky deck in downtown Edmonton. SUPPLIED
As if the mega-rich needed any more of a reason to move into the most expensive penthouse for sale in Edmonton, the owner will also get a brand new $250,000-plus Bentley Continental GT to sweeten the deal.

The 2,558-square-foot, two-storey penthouse — on the market for $3.13 million — is being touted as the “most exclusive condo available in Ice District.”

Located in Ultima Condominiums, 10238 103 St., the condo features six-metre (20-foot) high ceilings, three decks, three fireplaces and the luxury sports car.

Condo developer Westrich Pacific last month sold an underground parking space in the same complex for $75,000, making it one of the most expensive parking stalls in the city.

“Yes, this condo has two stalls, so we felt one needed a Bentley,” said Robert McLeod of McLeod Project Marketing, the company retained by Westrich Pacific to market the property.

You can get a preview of the condo by watching this video:

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...penthouse-priciest-in-city-comes-with-bentley

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-18_9-43-56.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-18_9-43-56.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 896
PERMIT_DATE October 31, 2018
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10238 - 103 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct interior alterations in an existing commercial floor space. Original Tenant Fit Up for Retail Occupancy within Ultima Tower - "7-Eleven"
BUILDING_TYPE Retail and Shops (510)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA 2,766.32
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 460,000
ZONING HA

I dont know how to feel about this. I mean it’s good that they are getting a tenant in the building, but a flipping 7-11? I personally think that they could find a better tenant (another boutique shop would be nice)

@Platinum107 this might help... 7-11 is an international formulated enterprise. The good aspects of this move, however, relate to the fact that this is at least a retail/hospitality enterprise that brings people in off the street. It could have been a street front law office, accounting firm, or real estate entity which has proven over and over again to be an unlinking element in terms of street continuity. 7-11 is bland, uber-commercial, and unrelated to community, but, at least it serves people on the street. We can take some comfort in that. You are right in your view that it could have been a more exciting choice as a tenant.

@archited You are right. At least it will draw people to it for their needs.

And I would totally not want.. another street level law firm... oh god. :D

Back