What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I'm not in favor of a Circle K, but I am in favor of an Aisle 24.

The main differences between a convenience store (such as Aisle 24) and Loblaws are selection of groceries (I doubt you'll find a bakery, a deli, and a butcher shop in a convenience store), hours, and customer loyalty (I myself am a PC Optimum member).

That said, I'll wait and see what other ideas are in store for that location in the Ultima.

I don't think another convenience store here is a good idea, especially with Loblaws very close by. What would you need from a Circle K that you can't get there, a side from maybe smokes and slurpees? Let's aim higher here
The Circle K example was more to contrast their different approaches to maintaining their locations, rather than say this particular spot should become one.

I agree with Loblaws so close this location and several Shoppers Drug locations nearby this would make sense as something else.

@IanO I am not sure what your role will be with Westridge Pacific but if it is focused on putting Retail and Hospitality concepts together for leasable space I could see two sought-after benefits -- 1. influencing the developer to create imaginative spaces for a new breed of Retail and Hospitality and 2. interfacing with potential Tenants to make sure that they engage with the "New Retail and Hospitality" paradigms. For the former you might try to line up tenants ahead of design so that their needs are more carefully expressed in the design stage; for the latter you might become conversant with cutting edge companies that provide a whole other difference to the way Retail and Hospitality work.

Back