^^ Already posted above #5121 😊
I wish it wasn't another delay of course, but still there's light at the end of the tunnel, when they pull their wire...

I hope the north leg (Whitemud to 102 Street) of the cable replacement is being worked on night ahd day. Don't quit at 5:00 p.m.

TransEd, the company building the Valley Line Southeast LRT expansion, has identified 140 kilometres of oxidized copper signalling cables that need to be replaced, which will delay the project further. In a news release, TransEd said replacing the cables now will allow it to run the line more reliably and reduce “future operational impacts.” The company will cover the costs as per its public-private partnership contract with the city. Spokesperson Dallas Lindskoog said the repairs are expected to take six to eight weeks and that while the oxidized cables don’t present a safety issue, the company is investigating why new cables are already corroding. Mayor Amarjeet Sohi said he was beyond frustrated by the latest discovery. “This LRT project should have been in service in 2020 and here we are in 2023, and that’s absolutely unacceptable,” Sohi said. There is still no launch date for the line, which has already been delayed four times.

Taproot

Road Closure, 102 Avenue Westbound

On or about July 4, 2023, crews will be working intermittently during the day and occasionally at night on westbound 102 Avenue. Crews will be accessing an
underground stormwater retention tank beneath the roadway and LRT tracks to perform maintenance. This work is expected to take 3 to 4 weeks.

They sure seem to have an abundance of "maintenance issues", my gawd!

fingers crossed for west is all we can hope for at this point. If that’s 2+ years late, does the NW even get approved without rioting? Haha. Gosh this is a joke. So hard to be pro transit in this city…
A transit line just sitting there for over two and a half years not operating does no one any good. It is a waste.

I don't want rioting, but I really hope people have been fired over this.

A transit line just sitting there for over two and a half years not operating does no one any good. It is a waste.

I don't want rioting, but I really hope people have been fired over this.
At this rate, we're giving Kitchener-Waterloo a run for their money with the having a fully built but inoperable LRT line (theirs was due to lack of trainsets from Bombardier).

At this rate, we're giving Kitchener-Waterloo a run for their money with the having a fully built but inoperable LRT line (theirs was due to lack of trainsets from Bombardier).
that was adeylayed cuased more by them piggybacking on the metrolinx order for the crosstown line. Alos at the time Metrolinxs was still going off of old timelines that invoilded routes that wer deferd or cbancled. Bombardier ebed up making a sperte offer to Ion to buld the yrains for them at the same cost well Metrolknx still wanted ther deleved to an unknmow loctaion as ta the time tje mataince facility for the crosstown wasn't complete

Back