All I'm saying is that this station would have been better suited on the corner of 104/107 with that diagonal line/station (it was an option) than right in front of a bunch of homes.
Yes, I thought at the time that the diagonal station option (which had an associated third track to store an extra train to help with exiting from major Rogers, etc events IIRC) would have been a much better option.

But it would also take up a significant amount of (expensive) land. I'm not sure a third track would be worth that kind of money, especially since there will be lots of transportation options in the area during major events.

But it would also take up a significant amount of (expensive) land. I'm not sure a third track would be worth that kind of money, especially since there will be lots of transportation options in the area during major events.
A 3rd track in the Downtown core would be priceless at the height of the peak hour if you have a disabled train and need somewhere to put it.

Neat, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in those lofts along 107st now.

Just curious, would you rather live here on Gateway Blvd with multi lanes of vehicle traffic or the 107 st location? Question for @IanO but open to anyone.

Screenshot_20230706-183911_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-184513_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd choose 107 St in a heartbeat -- is that lane of traffic necessary? or am I just opening another 102 Ave debate?
Given that 107st is closed south of 102 Ave I wonder why it needs to be open here.
Why couldnt somebody just take 105, 106 st instead? Or 108 even?
A driver's only purpose here is to get to 104 Ave and head east or west which can easily be accomplished with those other streets.
This would be a nice pedestrian plaza from Mac to the new park similar to what they did with 105 st north of 107 Ave with the lrt.

Last edited:
107 st is turning into a One land One way street?
Even if they keep the driving lane open No one will bother to drive on what is a glorified driveway

Given that 107st is closed south of 102 Ave I wonder why it needs to be open here.
Why couldnt somebody just take 105, 106 st instead? Or 108 even?
A driver's only purpose here is to get to 104 Ave and head east or west which can easily be accomplished with those other streets.
This would be a nice pedestrian plaza from Mac to the new park similar to what they did with 105 st north of 107 Ave with the lrt.

I'm just guessing, but 107 St is the furthest west where it can switch between 102 Ave and 104 Ave. 109 St is a major commuter route that crosses the river while 108 St is already narrowed down c/w sculptures in the middle of the road.

Back