Originally I was concerned that Marigold was likely to hire a lot of previous TransEd folks (and to be fair, where else are you going to find people locally with experience in massive LRT infrastructure construction projects?), but now I kinda think it's a good thing. Seems to be a lot of lessons (painfully) learned from the 1st go round that will hopefully be avoided this time.

I find it hard to believe there's already a year delay when much of the work has been prep and utilities. Unless there's a snag in the Henday and Lewis area but that would be fairly public.

The Henday Lewis side seems to be moving along OK, The Main stations are progressing quite well. The only area that can be a major head ache would be downtown.

As for the Bridge, went under it this morning. Looks like they got a great jump on this. Girders are up and the temp wood deck is already installed. So work on the main deck should start today.

Nice to see the bridges and elevated sections getting taken care of early.
Biggest infrastructure with the longest time lines so make sense to get them going first.

What is frustration is the Stoney plain road section. seems to be more a moving dirt around process. very light crews on this section.

Sorry Edm13, I think a couple of things that we need to understand:
(1) Being a new member, it takes time to build credibility. We don't know your background and experience.
(2) So far, the Valley Line West has few difficulties in the early stages of construction. West Edmonton Mall and the Stony Plain Road bridge have few problems. I don't know if you have inside information, but I'd exercise caution with it if it's confidential.

Last edited:
So far, the city's project tracking site says the Valley Line West is on budget and on time for completion in December 2027, with the latest update posted in June 2023.

Marigold Infrastructure Partners (MIP) continue construction along the alignment. Work is well underway at Lewis Farms (with storage building construction), Gerry Wright OMF (with building expansion), 87 Avenue (with piling and pier construction), 156 Street (road and sewer works), and Stony Plain Road (road and sewer works). MIP have commenced temporary road widening along 87 Avenue to accommodate traffic during construction. MIP closed Stony Plain Road between 139 Street and the bridge over Groad Road in late April 2023. Stony Plain Road from 139 Street to 131 Street is anticipated to reopen to traffic on October 31, 2023. Hyundai Rotem Company is supplying 46 low-floor light rail vehicles (LRVs). Concept design of the LRVs was completed in May 2022, and HRC delivered a mock-up of the LRV to the City in March 2023. In May 2023, the City completed user-testing with various public groups to evaluate the train's accessibility and design components ahead of final production.

Back