Can someone tell me why they saw fit to fence off the Churchill Connector from the Taste of Edmonton?
Why do they not want any LRT riders to partake in the Taste of Edmonton?
Was the entrance open in the Southside of the building? I passed through the station twice on the Valley Line and didn't notice that the entrance to the platform was fenced off, although it wasn't something I was looking for.

That's great and all, but I'm talking major infill projects in the 50-100-150 sizing.
95ave & 153st - 40 units (or likely more with zoning bylaw change now)
87ave & 159st - 180 units
92ave & 156st - 99 units
93a ave & 156st - 6 stories, unsure on units
100ave & 156st - apartment proposal. Can’t remember details.

Then likely 160-300 units of infill house (skinnies to townhomes) replacing 50 homes within a few blocks of 156st already.

87ave & 149st - 99 units (a bit farther, so maybe not TOD, but in the area)

156st is already sort of TOD though. Hence why they chose it. A thousand + apartments exist between 87ave and SPR already.

Light years ahead of Mckernan Belgravia and most of the VLSE, is it not? And with a lot less appeal vs being right next to the Uni I’d say.

Appreciate that.

I guess it is more along SPR that I see amazing opportunity and little action.
Agree 1000%. And would also love to see a few more projects like mckernan Belgravia is getting this year pop up around 156st.

The true potential is Meadowlark Mall Redevelopment (likely way off).

Jasper Gates by Riocan (8 buildings up to 30 stories I believe was the zoning a few years back? I’d imagine this is still a decade out to even start?)

Then all of Stony Plain Road (149st to 163st). But if 124th and Whyte can barely get a few mid rises…don’t see how the worst part of our city south of 118th aside from boyle street is going to get investment (in terms of drugs, homelessness, prostitution, disinvestment).

Maclab site south of Misecordia might beat all 3 of those too.

Lewis farms OMF:

IMG_7623.jpeg

1 more section to go before the gantry heads back:
IMG_7627.jpeg

I took the LRT from Coliseum to Churchill. There was zero problem. Not sure the purpose of your post. It is called a connector. There is more than one door.
I honestly forget that door facing the square exists. I always use the Valley Line facing door.

I took the LRT from Coliseum to Churchill. There was zero problem. Not sure the purpose of your post. It is called a connector. There is more than one door.
the purpose was to point out the connector station used to open on the north side to the Taste of Edmonton, then it has been closed, not an efficient use of the place for taste attendees...

the purpose was to point out the connector station used to open on the north side to the Taste of Edmonton, then it has been closed, not an efficient use of the place for taste attendees...
You did say "Why do they not want any LRT riders to partake in the Taste of Edmonton?". My point was that I did take the LRT and it made zero difference - if they didn't want LRT users to take part, they were incompetent in their implementation of the plan.
However, it is a very important point you make. I suggest you contact the City or LRT operators, and they will I am sure get back to you with a good reason. You can update here with the info.

You did say "Why do they not want any LRT riders to partake in the Taste of Edmonton?". My point was that I did take the LRT and it made zero difference - if they didn't want LRT users to take part, they were incompetent in their implementation of the plan.
However, it is a very important point you make. I suggest you contact the City or LRT operators, and they will I am sure get back to you with a good reason. You can update here with the info.
I think it was up to Taste of Edmonton. They had two entrances I think - one on each end of their 100 St. boundary. The rest of the perimeter was fenced off from what I could tell.

Agreed......too many access points to monitor and patrol. Less is more......

Fair and I am sure it was a logistics/flow decision, but to close the MAIN connector seems like a very Edmonton thing to do.

You would not do that for major station entrances in other cities and work them into the plan, not out of it.

Back