You did say "Why do they not want any LRT riders to partake in the Taste of Edmonton?". My point was that I did take the LRT and it made zero difference - if they didn't want LRT users to take part, they were incompetent in their implementation of the plan.
However, it is a very important point you make. I suggest you contact the City or LRT operators, and they will I am sure get back to you with a good reason. You can update here with the info.
That post was indeed correct, as both LRT/tramline riders were being denied quick/easy access via the connector despite it being open and available for at least 2 earlier days (maybe longer?)

That post was indeed correct, as both LRT/tramline riders were being denied quick/easy access via the connector despite it being open and available for at least 2 earlier days (maybe longer?)
I was going to leave this discussion alone (the maps shows a total of 5 entrances to Taste of Edmonton for what it is worth). Because the "tramline" was specifically referenced I feel a clarification is required. Half of all trains are single cars. Anyone on a single car train, or the north car of a 2 car train, are dropped off closer to the 100 St entrance than if an entrance was open through the connector. The only "tramline" riders being "denied quick/easy access via the connector" are those poor souls who ended up on the second car of half the trains.

I was going to leave this discussion alone (the maps shows a total of 5 entrances to Taste of Edmonton for what it is worth). Because the "tramline" was specifically referenced I feel a clarification is required. Half of all trains are single cars. Anyone on a single car train, or the north car of a 2 car train, are dropped off closer to the 100 St entrance than if an entrance was open through the connector. The only "tramline" riders being "denied quick/easy access via the connector" are those poor souls who ended up on the second car of half the trains.
agreed, and those regular lrt riders who chose to use the churchill connector exit vs the city hall exit

IMG_7632.jpeg
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7634.jpeg

Apparently I was wrong, the gantry can erect the last span next to the ramp. I thought the crane may be too heavy or at too much of an angle? I don’t think I’ve seen this approach used before, seems very innovative- kudos to marigold.

IMG_7650.jpeg
IMG_7655.jpeg

They'll easily do the maximum 6% grades light rail can go to. The only thing that made me think they weren't going to run the gantry all the way to the grade ramp was the lack of final column directly adjacent to the ramp like they've put in Vancouver (ok more like a concrete pad at that point)

Not sure it was a smart move to put both major OMFs right next to each other on the eastern end of the line. I’m imagining that if we ever wanted to do any major mulligans on the line in the far future (namely, elevating the line by Bonnie Doon), this would make it quite challenging to deploy trains to the west leg. Maybe the city should have just made the Lewis Farms facility a full-fledged OMF.

Not sure it was a smart move to put both major OMFs right next to each other on the eastern end of the line. I’m imagining that if we ever wanted to do any major mulligans on the line in the far future (namely, elevating the line by Bonnie Doon), this would make it quite challenging to deploy trains to the west leg. Maybe the city should have just made the Lewis Farms facility a full-fledged OMF.
I can't quite recall the details, but I read that the dispatched from the 2nd+ shops gain access to the line using the same tracks as the 1st set of shops... anybody confirm or deny?

I imagine there are staffing and operational efficiencies from having both shops next to each other, but you are right about it being at the cost of redundancy.

I imagine there are staffing and operational efficiencies from having both shops next to each other, but you are right about it being at the cost of redundancy.
This means transed is operating the west line as well but will trains will have to travel to Lewis farms to start service that might not be cost effective

Back